Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roy Keane - Being from Cork doesn't help.

Options
  • 22-03-2007 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Is there any truth in what Roy Keane was saying about Cork soccer players being ignored in favour of Dublin soccer players at international level? He claims that Cork players have to try harder to get into international sides than those based in Dublin. It certainly appears to be the case with the music scene in this country. Anyone had similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

MLM wrote:
    Is there any truth in what Roy Keane was saying about Cork soccer players being ignored in favour of Dublin soccer players at international level? He claims that Cork players have to try harder to get into international sides than those based in Dublin. It certainly appears to be the case with the music scene in this country. Anyone had similar experience?

It was often true in the case of International Rugby. There was a time when many Munster players weren't picked. It gtended to be all the Leinster lot.

Of course nowadays it's the Munster lads who dominate!!..;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Thats because Dublin is the only place people from outside Ireland know about.

Too much enfasis is put on Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

Up the DUBS :D

I think the reason why Stan the Muppet is ignoring some Sunderland players is because of Keano himself. I don't think its anything to do with that fact Miller is from Cork.

Lets be honest however, if John "Donkey" O'Shea can get in the squad, Christy Brown would even be in with a shout. Miller is a decent player but not Premiership standard. Well decent by Irish internation standards if you look at what we have.

This is coming from a Man U fan.

Stan is a total clown, period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

Seloth wrote:
    Thats because Dublin is the only place people from outside Ireland know about.

Too much enfasis is put on Dublin.
    True, but not always the case. I lived in Germany for a while and got talking to this guy one night who'd never heard of Ireland. He then asked what cities were there and we replied Dublin. He said he'd never heard of Dublin. We then mentioned Cork and his eyes lit up! "Rory Gallagher! My God you are from Cork! I love Cork" He then spent an hour talking about Rory Gallagher. And still he'd never heard of Dublin or Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Roy appears to suffer from that particular "complaint" common to many Corkonians ................ Chip-On-Shoulder syndrome. Everyone is against us etc etc, and other such ""Real Capital" and "Peoples Republic" bull****.

Roy has no connection with the Irish team anymore and ought to button his lip on matters pertaining to the side. His comments are unhelpful in the preparation for the Wales game.

And for one manager to be publicly dissing another is bad form in the world of soccer.

BTW ............. did anyone hear Roy and his doppleganger Rosenstock together on the Dempsey show (TodayFM) this morning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Who cares what Keane says? The man's a complete wanker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement