Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claude Butler Levante (4 sale €450)

Options
  • 22-03-2007 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

CB Levante for sale 06 model - only done about 20 - 30 kms

* Alloy 7005 series tubing compact frame geometry sem-integrated headtube, aero profile downtube.
    * Carbon fibre 700c blades, alloy column (forks)
    * Vuelta Italy 700c narrow section alloy double wall rims 24 hole release hubs wtih Tioga Comodo 700c x 25 tyres
    * Shimano 2200 series 24 speed with STI control levers
    * Shimano FC2203 30/40/52T triple
    * Tektro alloy dual pivot design
    * Tioga semi-integrated headset alloy ahead stem wtih an ITM lite flat handlebar

Medium size - about 56cm I think.

Ideal commuter or training bike

I have proof of purchase so you know its not nicked also.

€450

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Am I asking too much for this ?
    I doubt it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Dunno, dude. Give it a few more days and if you don't get any responses here, try the General board on adverts.ie.
    RobAMerc wrote:
    I doubt it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

RobAMerc wrote:
    I doubt it !

Saw a new 2006 one for sale for £314.50 (~E476). Nice bike though, sadly I don't have a budget for a new bike.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RobAMerc wrote:
    I doubt it !

I'd say you are asking a bit much, I know it is pretty much new but
    you can buy this one or even the 2007 one for abiout the same
    as you want brand new, maybe put it up at a little under 400 and see do
    you get some interest?

Ok €400 - but you cannot buy a new one for this price - I rang a few places in town and they want €650 - but they are all sold out and wont have them for a while. Also the 07 model loses the Vuelta wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

As a rule of thumb - as told to me by a sales assistant in cycleways and backed up by a number of cyclists - If you bought a bicylce and came back to the shop the next day to sell it back to them, the most you can expect to get is 60% of it's original value.

No person in their right mind would by a second hand bike, no matter what condition for anything greater than 60% of it's original price. You have no idea about it's history, genuine use etc., It's a common mistake selling bikes. I've seen people on buy and sell, selling bikes - " as new, cost 600, will sell for 550". Why would anyone take the risk rather than buying a brand new bike of their choice. You need to compensate the buyer for the risk.

Bikes depreciate quickly - fact.

This bike is now sold.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

RobAMerc wrote:
    This bike is now sold.

nice one, how much did you get for it in the end?

I got 400 for it.
    There was a list of people to see it tomorrow, but 1st guy came today took it.
    Nice bike, sad to see it go.

Advertisement