Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download entire website for offline viewing

Options
  • 22-03-2007 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi, I have a website that needs to be shown ot people without an internet connection (I know!)...
    How do I download it to my laptop in such a way that it can be viewed offline in IE7.
    You were able to download for offline viewing in IE6, but that feature has been disabled in 7,

Thanks for help,
    Speeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Need more info, is your laptop running a server that can show webpages? Do you need to show php mysql?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Winhttrack I think the program is called, it's freeware too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

if it is just a standard website, webzip should be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Is it just a static website or does it run from a database or use asp/php etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭RedCardinal

Try Spiderzilla plugin for FF.

It's a nice frontend for Httrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Same as rovers_runner and RedCardinal, I use HTTrack Website Copier. It can be downloaded from here It's freeware and I recommend it! You could also try Teleport Pro but that does pretty much the same thing and costs money :)

As others have said, this will only work with static web pages. Any scripts such as ASP/PHP/JSP won't work. Look into loading Apache Web Server if you're running PHP scripts and if you're running ASP or ASP.NET, look into getting IIS running (I think it's loaded by default into Win XP Pro, no idea about other versions).

Advertisement