Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Mile Broadband service

Options
  • 22-03-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hopefully someone can help me on this....

Seeing as we have just moved to Longford area and are so remote that Eircom need us to purchase a telepgraph pole etc I decided to look at Broadband and VOIP.

A friend then recommended Last Mile broadband as they are a totally wireless service. I ordered the service on 16th Feb to be told they had a lead time of 3 - 4 weeks. This has then moved to 4 - 5 weeks of which the 5th week is up !!!

I have been calling them constantly and keep getting the same reply 'oh the installer will call you'. I have even raised a complaint and asked to speak to a mgr to be told no one is here at the moment.

Has anyone ever had dealings with Last Mile before ?

Or are there any other fairly cheap options out there that don't need a landline in the Longford area ???

The problem is that Last Mile have us over a barrel as we need some sort of broadband service to get VOIP.

Any one any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

There are a couple of threads on last mile, dont think people are too happywith them. they are too expensive with very unreliable customer care, from those accounts. the reason they are like that is simple, for many people they are the only option when it comes to broadband.

you could try 3g broadband or god forbid; satellite

hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

FRM wrote:

I have been calling them constantly and keep getting the same reply 'oh the installer will call you'. I have even raised a complaint and asked to speak to a mgr to be told no one is here at the moment.

Has anyone ever had dealings with Last Mile before ?

Or are there any other fairly cheap options out there that don't need a landline in the Longford area ???

The problem is that Last Mile have us over a barrel as we need some sort of broadband service to get VOIP.

Any one any ideas ??

Thats last mile summed up, they have you over a barrel and know it, im with last mile for nearly 2 years now and had a lot of problems so much i drove to there office to sort out my problems, p2p is blocked if you plan on using it for gaming your ping will be around 80 to 120, for streaming videos you have to let it load up,it aint a fast enough dl speed 512. if its your only option go with them its a lot better than dialup. but the good news is they lowered there price to €37 from €40:rolleyes: :rolleyes: thats great not a speed increase a saving of €3 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

The installer eventually arrived this morning..... as I knew they would totally out the blue....

well surprise surprise looks like the one tree in front of us only gives us 2 bars in his reading.... so looking like I might have to wait for Eircom to even get a landline... which might take months.....

The problem is we need the telphone service more than we do broadband.... great start to a Friday morning....

Advertisement