Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for 6 month accommodation in Southside of Dublin

Options
  • 22-03-2007 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hey all,
    A friend and I are moving up to Dublin from the start of April to the middle of September working in Donnybrook and are currently looking for accommodation for 2 people. Since d4 has very expensive rents we were looking at d6, specifically Milltown, Ranelagh and Rathmines. Ideally we want to keep rent below the 160 a week mark. Where would people recommend around Dublin that wouldn't have too long of a commute and is a nice area?

Also, most places seems to want you to sign a one year lease, which we don't want as we are only there for 6 months, would I be right in understanding from the tenancies act that as long as I give a months notice that would be able to get out of the contract and get our deposits back?

Thanks very much, Eamonn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

If you move out before the end of your lease, the landlord may require you to find replacement tenants for the rest of the lease. Otherwise you must give a month's notice. It is up to the landlord which is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭eamonntheviking

Cool man, thanks for the reply.

Any ideas guys for southside places which would be easy to travel from to Donnybrook?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

When i was looking I found it very difficult to find suitable accomodation in those areas you mentioned because the demand is very high. Many places will have 20 or 30 people viewing the house which means your chances are very low of getting picked...but if you try a bit further out it seems to be easier. Look at the areas along the N11 (which has a very good bus service to donneybrook). Areas such as stillorgan, galloping green, mount merrion, sandyford. If you're prepared to cycle/drive you could go abit further afield.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

then again, with the colleges finishing up soon it may be easier.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

How about a two bedroomed house in Rathmines for €120 per person per week?
    Admittedly the house is extremely small and the bedrooms are one small, one very small.

Jo King wrote:
    How about a two bedroomed house in Rathmines for €120 per person per week?
    Admittedly the house is extremely small and the bedrooms are one small, one very small.

P.m. Sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement