Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel - coincidence ?

Options
  • 22-03-2007 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I have read the new corsa vxr is a decent little 'hot hatch' and the new corsa is a very good little car, chassis wise (ride and handles fairly well). Does anyone find it a coincidence the first decent riding/handling Opel in years is at least in part developed by Fiat ? Speedster / VX220 excluded obviously, its not an Opel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What about the Astra OPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I'm afraid a car in which you have to get the steering wheel straight before you can get back on the power doesn't scream great chassis / driving tool.

The OPC would not figure highly on any European road testers short list for hot hatches I think - they only feature in the UK due to their misplaced loyalty to Vauxhall.

Forgive me I am biased - I despise Opel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Love the look of Corsa VXR. Fifth gear review is good
    Shock! A small, hot Vauxhall that really delivers. The Corsa not only looks good (Vauxhall has long got that right) but delivers on the road. Substantial go is delivered with some finesse, and it also proves grippy, deft and entertaining on the twisty back-roads it was built for. If you're tempted buy a Mini Cooper S or a Clio 197, you need to look at this.
    http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain.jsp?lnk=d01&featureid=735&pageid=1734

Didn't FIAT do the 120/150bhp diesel engines for the current Astras. Supposed to be the best of the range.
    Forgive me I am biased - I despise Opel.
    Absolutely.

Advertisement