Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Rental abroad - 2 year License issue

Options
  • 22-03-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Has anyone ever managed to rent a car without having had their full license for two years previously?

Im going to south America for a few weeks next week, but I've only had my full driving license for a few weeks. It would be really handy if i could drive a bit....

anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I rented in spain a good few years back only a few months after passing my test. They queried the date and I just said it was a renewal date on the license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

da7a wrote:
    Has anyone ever managed to rent a car without having had their full license for two years previously?

Im going to south America for a few weeks next week, but I've only had my full driving license for a few weeks. It would be really handy if i could drive a bit....

anyone got any ideas?

You'll need an IDP also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭da7a

whippet wrote:
    I rented in spain a good few years back only a few months after passing my test. They queried the date and I just said it was a renewal date on the license.

Good idea! I'll have to try that and see if it works. thanks.

Advertisement