Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Such a good series, such bad timing!

Options
  • 22-03-2007 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've only recently gotten into Firefly(by recently I mean this week!). I bought Serenity on DVD and thought it was deadly so I borrowed the Firefly boxset from a friend and I'm currently ploughing through the series. Its a seriously quality show, and a cut above what most other sci-fi was in their first series. Even SG-1.

Anyway I'm just thinking that if Firefly, or some variant, were to be released now it might have a much better chance of succeeding. Think on it; SG-1 is finished. Atlantis, while good isn't as good as SG-1 so it probably won't last. There's no Star Trek Series out so only main contender is Battlestar Galactica. There's a large gap there that could and probably will be filled by some decent new show.

Good time for a spin-off maybe? Y'see its times like this you wish you could go to America and go "Oi! Fox! NOOOOOOO!".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Joss is abit busy for it right now,eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

He said he's never going to work for Fox again and they own the rights and wont sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

Seloth wrote:
    He said he's never going to work for Fox again and they own the rights and wont sell them.

Another nail in the coffin of the series, and no chance of a sequel. Bah! That sucks. I hate it when politics destroys a good ideea :mad:

At least there's an MMO on the way I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Yeah,But this is there companys first proper try one and most MMO's that were based on things,E.g Star wars,Matrix,LOTR they all sucked and did really bad.

Now I want this to be good but I would put my money on it.

Advertisement