Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the difference

Options
  • 22-03-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

in a rotavator and a turf cutter?
    basically i wanna get all the garden dug up so i can dump a load of stones on it hassle free. garden is a bit uneven at the minute. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

blahblah06 wrote:
    basically i wanna get all the garden dug up so i can dump a load of stones on it hassle free. garden is a bit uneven at the minute. thanks

A rotovator digs and turns over the soil whereas a turfcutter skims the sod off . A rotovator would probably be a better option in your case, you will need to take off the top few ins. and fit a weed suppressing membrane before adding the stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

thanks mate. now the next question. best point to get stones??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

blahblah06 wrote:

You'd be better to spray first then rotovate, rake to a general level. No need for turf cutter.

A second spray or an application of a granular weedkiller such as 'Casoron G' or 'Easyweed' would be useful before fitting weed membrane.

Try looking up the Golden pages for landscaping supplie sto find your nearest stockist for stone. You could also pay a visit to the local Builders Providers who might have alternatives to the standard pebble.

Advertisement