Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

croker pitch layout

• 22-03-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭

was just wondering does anyone know how the pitch will be layed out for the soccer matches.will they centre it or keep more towards one end.have a ticket for the cusack lower 304 its two blocks down from halfwayline for gaa matches so i think i shud be ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

There was a photo in the Star\mirror yesterday and it appeared that the goals were on the 13 meter line...at the canal end anyway. You could be very far back from the match me thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's going to be a severe lack of athmosphere due to the fans being so far away from the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

It's a bit poxy the way the pitch is positioned. why don't they have the huge gap at the hill end where there will be less people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

think i will be ok from the look of the photo anyways

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Really shows how big croker is though, doesn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Noelie wrote:
    It's a bit poxy the way the pitch is positioned. why don't they have the huge gap at the hill end where there will be less people?

Because the people at the Hill end are as entitled to as good a view as possible just like anyone else at the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭xabi

It should be similar to the Rugby setup in croker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think people are getting a bit worried over nothing with this. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if the goals were right beside the stands, the centre of the pitch would still be in the same place. Most of the play will be in the middle of the park. If you're in in the Canal end you'll be closer to the Hill goal than you would if you were at a Gaelic match. :)

Hampden Park stands wouldn't be close to the field but it doesn't stop them creating an atmosphere:
    http://www.thesonsofscotland.co.uk/images/hampden%20park/Hampden%207.jpg

Advertisement