Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grosvenor Lane F.C. fundraising donkament (attendance compulsory)

• 22-03-2007 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

as some of you may know myself, aodea, luckylloyd, carfax, The_Flyer and bohsman all play for the same saturday league team.. we're not great... we have lloyd in goal, how good can we be... we are looking to run a fundraiser for this team (and to buy a new keeper) hopefully on saturday march 31st.

Ideally, we will run this in the jackpot, an 8ish start if possible, so thoseout early can hit the boozer and those still in will be finished up early enough and can hit the boozer.

Currently thinking 40 buy in, with 20 rebuys or top up, with max spend 80 (or 100). We will be taking SOME % from the prizepool to buy a new keeper.

(if possible, we may purchase a new kit valued at approx 500 euro, if someone from ppp, or gjp, or boards, or the NFR/MrPillowTalk bankroll wish to sponsor a new kit we'll put your co's logo etc on it, you can even pick the colour scheme and play in the *boards invitational preseason friendly)

* Grosvenor Lane FC challenge the poker forum to come up with 11+players to take us on in a friendly! 10 euro per player to play...!!

would anyone be interested in playing this? (or the invitational game?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'd be interested in playing. I'm sure we could easily get a team of 11 together. Lloyd in goals = lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'll say very little to all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

hmmm... step one, this thread is to see if there is any interest in a poker game next sat... we can work on the footy match another time (but i like that idea)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

I'll play against you -> Position Striker
    .......I might play yer fundraiser also...-> Position donker

Willie you can be boards own John Stead up front.

• Advertisement

I prefer Olle Gunnar Solks. (can't spell that either) seen as we both are lethal finishers.
    Even though I will be giving nearly 20 years to the opposition I reckon I'll bag a hatful agianst the AMERICAN kid in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Ill play both, as far as sponsorship goes, where theres no chicks for free theres no money for nothing lol

Ill play both, as far as sponsorship goes, where theres no chicks for free theres no money for nothing lol

... and if there's chicks for free??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ill play too against yee jeff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

done and done for both. right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

We should auction positions. Everyones in for a tenner but if someone else wants your position highes bidder gets it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

I would be up for playing in both donkuments. :p

bohsman wrote:
    We should auction positions. Everyones in for a tenner but if someone else wants your position highes bidder gets it...

GOOD IDEA!!! i like this alot!! waiting to here back from sarah about whether jackpot is free next saturday. footy match will prob be after season ends, so mid may i'd expect. we'll have nets, pitch marked, ref etc etc etc. Might even be able to get the star to cover it for some reason!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I raise Joe's bid to 11 for the right back slot.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'll be left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

shoutman wrote:
    I raise Joe's bid to 11 for the right back slot.....
    this could be an expensive process for you...

yeh im in centre mid for def

who's our gaffer?

donal

semibluff wrote:
    yeh im in centre mid for def

who's our gaffer?

donal

Ah, I've finally figured out who you are. Jees I'm slow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I was actually quite a (decent) goalie back in the day.
    Haven't played football since school though, so unfit.

GK - Cooker3 10euro
    RB - GL2me 10euro
    LB - PL 10euro
    DC - PWhite 10euro
    DC - MrPT 10euro
    LM - Ian Mc 10euro
    RM - Halfbaked 10euro
    CM - Semibluff 10euro
    CM - Shoutman 10euro
    CF - Gholi 11euro
    CF - Solskjaer 11.50euro

sub1 - BCB 10euro
    sub2
    sub3

Gaffer -

MrPT, positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

ditpoker wrote:
    as some of you may know myself, aodea, luckylloyd, carfax, The_Flyer and bohsman all play for the same saturday league team.. we're not great... we have lloyd in goal, how good can we be... we are looking to run a fundraiser for this team (and to buy a new keeper) hopefully on saturday march 31st.

Ideally, we will run this in the jackpot, an 8ish start if possible, so thoseout early can hit the boozer and those still in will be finished up early enough and can hit the boozer.

Currently thinking 40 buy in, with 20 rebuys or top up, with max spend 80 (or 100). We will be taking SOME % from the prizepool to buy a new keeper.

(if possible, we may purchase a new kit valued at approx 500 euro, if someone from ppp, or gjp, or boards, or the NFR/MrPillowTalk bankroll wish to sponsor a new kit we'll put your co's logo etc on it, you can even pick the colour scheme and play in the *boards invitational preseason friendly)

* Grosvenor Lane FC challenge the poker forum to come up with 11+players to take us on in a friendly! 10 euro per player to play...!!

would anyone be interested in playing this? (or the invitational game?)

I wouldn't miss this society event for all the chips in Vegas. How about making it unlimited rebuys, seeing as it's for, erm, charity?

Centre-forward position for me please.

lol peter

i knew id have to throw the name in to let peep kno!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

HalfBaked wrote:
    Jees I'm slow.:rolleyes:

agreed.

I cant play soccer and im only drafted in when "one of the lads" on the other teams 5 a side is acting the boll0x trying to break lads up. I suppose you could say im an enforcer of sorts, drafted in to "clip a lads wings" when he is getting out of line. Cameo appearence at best so il be a sub and play 2*10 min slots in either half (or maybe more if i get back training before then).

agreed.

I cant play soccer and im only drafted in when "one of the lads" on the other teams 5 a side is acting the boll0x trying to break lads up. I suppose you could say im an enforcer of sorts, drafted in to "clip a lads wings" when he is getting out of line. Cameo appearence at best so il be a sub and play 2*10 min slots in either half (or maybe more if i get back training before then).

Noel "Chopper" Hayes LOL

kpnuts wrote:
    I wouldn't miss this society event for all the chips in Vegas. How about making it unlimited rebuys, seeing as it's for, erm, charity?

Centre-forward position for me please.

Great idea KP, it should be a multi rebuy gamle fest! I'll throw my name in the ring for the RM slot seeing as the RB spot is filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

centermids bring it on im the captain dont ya know how i get the armband last longer bet in cards with ldog. easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

im up for the poker, not so much the footie, mellor el no good
    as well as throwing a few bob to charity, ill get a few more boards faces to names

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

deffo in for both.
    position striker.

centre mid if striker is taken but i think i would wop the ass of both current strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

kpnuts wrote:
    Noel "Chopper" Hayes LOL

You should have seen me as a dashing full back or centre back with a hurl in my hand.... now that was a thing of beauty :eek:

Gholimoli wrote:
    centre mid if striker is taken but i think i would wop the ass of both current strikers.

Its an auction, beat 10euro and a CF spot is yours for the moment.

i'll go left mid

Seeing as Anto is a midfield i'm quite happy playing mid if Joe wants to play right back that much, i'd be more a defensive minded midfield I would suppose (ie. no skill but no problem diving in there with dodgey tackles)

bohsman wrote:
    LB - PL 10euro
    :o I meant left back...as in you know...left behind... I haven't played in years. but if no one else fills it, I'll do it. badly. :)

shoutman wrote:
    Seeing as Anto is a midfield i'm quite happy playing mid if Joe wants to play right back that much, i'd be more a defensive minded midfield I would suppose (ie. no skill but no problem diving in there with dodgey tackles)

And the auction begins, 10euro spots available at centre half, competition for everything else.

Shane, like in any auction if you make a bid by accident it stands.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote:
    Shane, like in any auction if you make a bid by accident it stands.
    lol, fair enough!

bohsman wrote:
    Its an auction, beat 10euro and a CF spot is yours for the moment.
    make it 11

Gholimoli wrote:

:eek: wop my ass? whatyoutalkingaboutWillis

bid 11.50. hmmm is this a worthy cause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Defo up for both footy very much so.tornament i will literally donate the chips and retire to the santuary of the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

superb idea, i bid a tenner for a centre half spot. play or not, if you want an eleven a side astro turf (in ucd) to play on ill sort it out for either free or very cheap.

• Advertisement

Is centre half midfield or defense? Also are we playing on playing some wacky 4-5-1 formation or are you lads just bidding on the same striking spot for sh*ts and giggles.

Finally anyword on a date for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

I suppose Ill play centre half at least I wont be forced to run much.

I suppose Ill play centre half at least I wont be forced to run much.

you've clearly never tried to mark me!!! (doubt i'll be allowed play up front, apparantly im a cnetre back these days)

a couple of things:

1. sat 31st of march, 8pm reg, 8.30 cards dealt is confirmed.
    2. structure i discussed with sarah was a 2k starting stack (€40) and 2k for rebuys, rebuys are only €10 so this should allow for plenty of all in action! Any comments on this?
    3. all grosvenor lane players MUST wear their jersey while playing... its only fair!
    4. as for the footy match, can people start suggesting times. does weekend midday suit better, or midweek in the evening? 90mins (45+45) or (30+30+30) to give gholimoli a couple of chances to get his breath back?
    5. we have a pitch, pitch number 7 in bushy park in terenure, lovely pitch!
    6. for a date i was thinking monday april 30th, maybe 6.30 pm kickoff. (we will have to check with the park if the pitch is free as this is usually when midweek fixtures start piling up.) the alternative would be to wait til end of may start of june when there's no irish open, no GJP festival, no student exams, no footy season to cater around. or.... BOTH, the first match, then THE REMATCH!!
    7. we will need someone to do a book for the match, i want a tenner shoutman to be sent off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

i havent payed to get on a team since primary school. i dont want to be the first to knock someone off the team sheet so i will wait!

will try to make it to the jackpot tho.

shoutman wrote:
    Is centre half midfield or defense? Also are we playing on playing some wacky 4-5-1 formation or are you lads just bidding on the same striking spot for sh*ts and giggles.

Finally anyword on a date for this?

Centre half is DC, KP is in the running for a CF spot thats why the lads are bidding, I believe KP is working on an improved offer.

the sooner we play the game the better, in fairness its only 3 hours max outa everyones busy schedules (exams etc) and could be a nice break/good bita craic. three thirty mins could be good, just for the purpose of those of us who arent able to breath cohesively - ps im a competitive cu$t so cant wait to beat yee - fundraiser or not!!

i suppose if the majority of wannabe footy players are at the fundraiser we can agree on a day and time there.

bohsman wrote:
    Centre half is DC, KP is in the running for a CF spot thats why the lads are bidding, I believe KP is working on an improved offer.

yeah, I'm hoping to borrow a few quid off Ollieboy after he wins the Cardiff GUKPT so I can up the ante in the bidding for the centre-forward spot ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm pretty certain I'm the best footballer that posts on the poker forum, but with all the positions taken I'll just have to do my best Roy Keane impression on the touchline.

I'm definitely up for the football, and may be up for the poker depending on moving some other things around next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Grosvenor Lane eh...

Im in your league, star striker for the mighty Conwell Rovers :)

http://www.ucfl.ie/tablesDiv3A.asp

Think we whipped your asses at the start of the season, i missed the game against you!!

Looking forward to the next one!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement