Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is this a real ferrari ?

Options
  • 22-03-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

hi lads is this a real one. im convinced its not

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks very Peugeot 406 Coupe to me....saw it on the M1 recently and the narrow track gives it away.
    Edit: cartell.ie confirms my suspicions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

fletch wrote:
    Looks very Peugeot 406 Coupe to me....saw it on the M1 recently and the narrow track gives it away.
    Edit: cartell.ie confirms my suspicions :D

You could be right..

24mf08y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

fake as per the exhausts should be 4 not 2 plus wheels are horrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Exhausts give it away tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

According to Wikip the modena didnt go into production till '99.. so the reg deffo gives it away..... The wheel arches n tinted rear glass aint right either. Looks allot better than the MR2 ones i've seen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Thats sad! I can't believe the lengths some people would go. Somebody should superglue a Peugeot sign on it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

From Cartell:
    Cartell wrote:
    One Star Vehicle Report

Any potential issues or queries with the details you have supplied are highlighted in red

Vehicle Description

Make PEUGEOT Model 406

We have found your vehicle in our database and have further details for it available.
    Please choose an option below to check if the vehicle is cloned, imported, written off, used as a taxi, hackney or commercial vehicle and much more.

Vehicle History

Vehicle History
    Financial Check

Vehicle History
    Financial Check
    Engineers Inspection

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

You will know as soon as it starts up!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Presuming there's no engine in the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Defo Fake...............look at the paint work as well as the bodywork and exhausts, defo not Ferrari RED and it also looks very dull. If i had a Ferrari i would make sure it was polished all the time...........:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Someone who clearly has spent too much time in the car mags in his youth pounditupdated.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

What about this one?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What about this one?

Doesnt look it, the angle of the rear window seems wrong. Not a bad replica though if it is one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What about this one?

It's real according to this.
    According to our records, X487ADF is a Ferrari 360 Modena.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wow thats scary that somebody can be that sad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

OP's Car in Cartell

One Star Vehicle Report

Vehicle Description

Make PEUGEOT Model 406

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you're about 4 hours late with that, dingding!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

That aint no Ferrari. The car underneath is a Peugeot coupe. I saw it at the RDS car show last year. One quick check between the spokes of the rear wheel will illustrate obvious clues of something fishy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

the modena 360 was not launched till 1999 so thats sorta gives it away, but it would fool a lot of young chicks and I bet that what its designed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

DonJose wrote:
    Thats sad! I can't believe the lengths some people would go. Somebody should superglue a Peugeot sign on it ;)

Yes that is really sad.If you cant afford it donot fake it :) especially dono fake a exotic car as it look tacky.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

blahblah06 wrote:
    hi lads is this a real one. im convinced its not
    Didnt bother taking a good look at the car, just looked at the house. Now you see!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

yer man's probably just doin it to get the rattle, good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Another dressed up MR2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

What about this one?
    antodeco wrote:
    Doesnt look it, the angle of the rear window seems wrong. Not a bad replica though if it is one

Looks like an 'original' to me...compare it with this legit one, angles are all there
    http://www.michaelp.org/photos/italy/ferrari_360_modena.jpg

Back to the OP, why oh why oh why would you want to spend money on that, or be seen driving about in one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

definitley a fake, theres a guy somewhere in Meath that builds them, i do wonder what goes through some peoples minds :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Here's another Toyota F355, it looked great :rolleyes:

Toyota F355 (1)

Toyota F355 (2)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

That 360 replica passed me by near Howth last night and it looks pretty convincing from the front. Thats where the similarities end, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

h3000 wrote:
    Here's another Toyota F355, it looked great :rolleyes:

Toyota F355 (1)

Toyota F355 (2)

awh jesus thats just awful :O Definatly the worst replica ive seen :eek:

Advertisement