Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funked Graphics card

Options
  • 22-03-2007 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Right.

I think i bolloxed my graphics card. This is the x1950pro. The story was the card had been ratteling alot because one of the fins busted off it and was rotating the fan in a unballanced manner so the outer guard to the heatsink would give off a nasty metalic rattle noise.

So to sto pthis all you have to do is just touch the outer guard. Now on doing this the other fins muct have caught on the guard and ripped off. Leaving the centre of the fan spliining making a whiiiiiring noise. And i look up to my screen in horror to see a bsod :/

I promptly dived at the pc and unplugged the powercable, and ripping the rj45 out too :(

Now i looked at the card and seen no physical damage to the card its self, apart from a mangled fan. So i though pah, it has two heatpipes no need for the second fan anyway.

But on turnig on the pc i dont see feck all but i hear some beeps, but god knows how many as its like the little buzzer is on speed. its a series of beeps in sucession extreemly quick. So i though, right unplug the card and tuen it back on, So same seriies of beeps starts again.

Now i bought the card back in late december from ocuk. What ya reckon my chances of a rma at this point are? I have rma'd from the bastrds before but it was always within 30 days. Where do i stand after 3 months?

Btw dont laugh :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Sounds pretty bad :) did you try to reseat the card? and I dont fancy your chances with an rma with the reasons you have outlined in your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

tried reseating it, try'd a different pci-e slot. dont cards have a 1 year warrenty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Anti wrote:
    dont cards have a 1 year warrenty ?

Some cards do but you should of sent it in for an RMA when the fin broke off the fan.

But you could always bullsh1t them like I was just playing my favorite game when next thing I heard a grinding noise then a bang :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Anti wrote:
    tried reseating it, try'd a different pci-e slot. dont cards have a 1 year warrenty ?

Evga cards now have a lifetime warranty i cannot say enough about them great company to deal with .

RMA the card .

Advertisement