Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decisions decisions !!

• 22-03-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm thinking of joining either Corballis, Elm Green or Christy O Connor (Sillogue).

If there are any members present on this forum do you have any suggestions on which would be the better option ?

I'm a high handicapper who is just starting out, the above clubs are cheap and cheerful and all i'm looking for is a GUI handicap to play in comps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

corballis and elm green would be my tip, depends on where you live, whats most accessible, corballis is good cause practising on links can help improve your game, plus its a tough front nine when the wind is galing actually except for the 3 holes behind the hotel, the whole course is a b*tch in the windy weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Go For Corballis.

Great course for working on the short game (lots of par 3s)

Spend a year or two there and then look at somewhere like Hollystown.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

I'm living near Drogheda so in regards of the distance to any of the clubs, Elm Green and Sillogue are just off either motroway and Corballis is a little bit further off the M1 ( i think).
    Havent played Corballis so it sounds like a challenge. Played up in Rosapenna last october which was fantastic (mind you it was a mild calm day) thats the only experience i've had playing on a links.

Advertisement