Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian Renewal Issue..

Options
  • 22-03-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

They said that before they will quote me for a renewal on my motor insurance they want a letter telling them why I have 5 permanent vehicle change overs in the year.

I really don't see why I should be obliged to produce such a letter..

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

My immediate response would be to call FBD.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

presume they're trying to cut down on lads insuring a micra, then transferring cover to something like a Levin etc. as they have to cover you IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Trampas

But why have you made 5 perm subs this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Trampas wrote:
    But why have you made 5 perm subs this year

Because I changed over my car 5 times...duhh

not unreasonable for them to ask though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd hazard a guess that they might think you're trading (are you?) and that might somehow contravene the terms of the policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Or they might think you`re the worlds worst driver and wrote off the 1st 4 cars and are now on a 5th in the space of a year. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

don't see why anyone would need 5 cars in the space of a year anyway....seems abit dodgey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Because you're buying and selling car's for profit which is trading and your insured under a private insurance policy

who says they're for profit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

colm_mcm wrote:
    who says they're for profit!

The price tag generally ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Alun wrote:
    I'd hazard a guess that they might think you're trading (are you?) and that might somehow contravene the terms of the policy.

This is exactly why. It's not a big deal to write a letter anyway, and if they're the most competitive it'll be worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Maybe he just bought the worst 5 cars in the country and had to get rid of each of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My guess also would be that they think the OP is trading in cars through a private insurance policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

I did a few permanent transfers also last year with Hibernian and was asked over the phone why I am doing it. I told them I only owned one car at a time in my name and was doing it as a hobby. I got no more questions from them and my renewal came recently with no surprises.

I would be willing to pay extra if they were able to offer me the facility to insure as many changeovers as I liked but they could not give it to me as a private punter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

If you change your car, is the insurance company legally obliged to insure the new one?

Advertisement