Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever used Sweex routers?

• 22-03-2007 9:39pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

I'm considering buying a Sweex LW050UK wireless router. I'm considering it as it's a fair bit cheaper than some others.

Link to router I'm thinking of getting.

I'll be intending to bridge an Aolynk modem/router from Smart for the new wireless router.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Never heard of them. Looks like a knock off of a Linksys WRT54G tbh. Also the fact there are no firmware updates to download is a bit worrisome.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm. Yes, that does seem a bit of a worry.

It does look like a Linksys though I think it has 2 antennae, this one only has 1.

It's available to me new for under 40eur, which is the main reason I'm considering it. Also has a 3 year warranty.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just found out from browsing eBay that it's also branded TP-Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FarSide

byte wrote:
    I'm considering buying a Sweex LW050UK wireless router. I'm considering it as it's a fair bit cheaper than some others.

Link to router I'm thinking of getting.

I'll be intending to bridge an Aolynk modem/router from Smart for the new wireless router.

TIA

I can't help you regarding a Sweex router, but I've been using Sweex wireless dongles for a couple of years with no problems at all, so maybe their router is worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kenny_ke

hey, i have set up a number of sweex routers, switches, and wireless dongles. they are superb and easy to use, very little complications and great range from the wireless. i use a netopia and a linksys at home for my own network but as i said i have set up the sweex routers and have found no problems with them what so ever. go for it lad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement