Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profiling Essay

Options
  • 22-03-2007 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Profiling - what we need to be cautious about profiling. I did 1500 words on it - im not sure how. Does anyone have links to good books on it/url links as i was limited in my scope.

Cheers

Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

what do you mean by 'profiling'? Personality tests? Forensic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭custardcreams

forensics is the area.

why we should be cautious when it comes to profiling..apart from the obvious its hard to explore this..

eh....we don't yet know enough to be definite........?

profiling is a useful tool but should be treated with caution - discuss. Title of essay.

So what have you got already? Why is it useful? Why should it be treated with caution? Have you found any studies giving evidence either way? What do you think yourself? (This isn't an essay-writing service ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Ha, to be fair JuliusCaesar, I got the impression from the first post that the essay has already been completed - just with a narrow perspective :)

yes essay done and handed in - looking for sources for opinion on it - hard to locate on the net -

I did 1500 words on it - im not sure how.
    Colm

And the basic advice is : ALWAYS read the question properly!! :o

cheers butty - a custard cream for you.

Advertisement