Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette Mach3 Turbo Razor Blades

• 22-03-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Probably preaching to the choir, but till recently I use to always buy my razors in the shop just saved myself a fortune buying my in bulk off ebay.ie

hope it helps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i heard theres a lot of fakes going about.

Let us know if you reckon you get genuine ones.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think there was a thread on this a while ago but can't remember the seller. Have you got the sellers ID, honeymonster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Ditto.

I asked about cheaper blades before if anyone's interested (or can add to the suggestions). [Linky]

Good luck with the blades. I hope they're the real deal and you don't get (razor) burned. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Let us know if you reckon you get genuine ones.

x

yea i've heard the same.Supposedly they come in from eastern europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

I got 5 packs of 4 from an Ebay seller from the Uk and so far have only used couple of boxes and every single blade so far was great....Only cost me €21-23 delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

who did you buy them from in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

See link here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I bought Mach 3 blades (non turbo) blades from http://www.perfumeireland.combefore and they were perfect. Only seem to have turbo ones now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

Got onto Steve @ perfumeireland, they don't have any for the forseeable future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got some ones cheap off ebay. Most seem ok (not as good a normal mach 3, but still usable) but in one instance the middle blade actually popped out during shaving :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭jc7

yeah, that could be a sore dose!
    That's why I don't really want to use e-bay.

Anyone with a genuine good experience of e-bay blades?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Delboy5

A month ago i bought 5 packs (20 blades) of M3 power blades on ebay for approx €25 including shipping ! Have been using them since then and can 't find any faults, excellent quality and price !!

Sellers User ID was: joeldickinsons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

I got 5 boxes of mach three super turbo power:D (cant remember the name, but they are the green ones that vibrate) from ebay, got the genuine ones for about €24. Looked through my ebay account but cant find the guy that sent them to me. Id say just look at their feedback before you buy and that will tell you if they are fake or n ot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Seems like there is quite a saving to be made on eBay. Just over €20 for 20 blades.

http://myworld.ebay.ie/v1k

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There's an awful lot of fakes on ebay, I know I've bought some

knew it was to good to be true :)

Surely if I buy some off someone with a decent feedback score I should be okay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

silvine wrote:
    Surely if I buy some off someone with a decent feedback score I should be okay?

Not necessarily, because it can take awhile to notice that they are fake. Most people probably give feedback before they use them.

Can you recommend any sellers apart from the one above or is it not worth risking then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

silvine wrote:
    Seems like there is quite a saving to be made on eBay. Just over €20 for 20 blades.

http://myworld.ebay.ie/v1k

Hmmm, does not post with cardboard packaging, simply the plastic cartridge with the blades in.

Fake I think. could be good enough fakes but then good enough blades are probably the same price in the shops.

That link to determine fakes is down. I take it if there's no box it's a fake. Might give buying off eBay a miss so, unless someone can recommend someone.

Can't find that joeldickinsons seller either.

I think the Mach 3 Turbo blades are overpriced and make a marginal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

bought an eight pack off this lad
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/stuboy19750
    he had a good few there last week when i bought them,
    got an 8 pack of mach three, think they were just the ordinary green packet, came boxed and unopened so look as real as real to me! worked out at $9.76 on the visa.
    won them on thursday night, got them on a tuesday so happy nuff with postage

Lenny wrote:
    bought an eight pack off this lad
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/stuboy19750
    he had a good few there last week when i bought them,
    got an 8 pack of mach three, think they were just the ordinary green packet, came boxed and unopened so look as real as real to me! worked out at $9.76 on the visa.
    won them on thursday night, got them on a tuesday so happy nuff with postage

He's all out of Mach 3. He is only selling four packs of the fusion which isn't really worth it. I'll check back on him again though, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Just to let you know, BOOTS are selling
    • Gillette Fusion Razor
    • 4 Gillette Fusion Razor blades

all for 12.99, it's half price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

swingking wrote:
    Just to let you know, BOOTS are selling
    • Gillette Fusion Razor
    • 4 Gillette Fusion Razor blades

all for 12.99, it's half price

The razor has 2 free blades with it, so the pack has 6 blades and a razor for 12.99, Dunnes Stores also have this offer. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭zippo22

dingding wrote:
    The razor has 2 free blades with it, so the pack has 6 blades and a razor for 12.99, Dunnes Stores also have this offer. :D

I got 'em in Tesco for the same price. Didn't realise there was TWO blades with the razor until I read your post. I've only opened the pack of blades yet. Must get another pack tomorrow.

Advertisement