Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple iPhone

• 22-03-2007 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    does anybody know if a release date has been set for the iphone and if so any reviews on wether it's actually any use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Haven't seen mention of it anywhere for over a month, all talk now is of the Google phone, but I think that has gone away again. Rumors of a Nokia N81 (but probably a typo) and just now came accoss a sketch of a Nokia N99 on darlamacks.blog

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

dohouch wrote:
    Haven't seen mention of it anywhere for over a month, all talk now is of the Google phone, but I think that has gone away again. Rumors of a Nokia N81 (but probably a typo) and just now came accoss a sketch of a Nokia N99 on darlamacks.blog

the nokia n99 is a fake, isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

the last quarter in Ireland is when it is due to be released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Cheers tech, any idea which carrier will be offering it or will everyone be selling?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tallus wrote:
    Hi guys
    does anybody know if a release date has been set for the iphone and if so any reviews on wether it's actually any use?

Won't be released in the states till June 2007 so you won't see reviews etc till then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

What Cabaal said. You should be able to find unboxing photos and in depth reviews in June.

Personally I wouldn't even be considering it until it adds HSDPA, which I doubt will happen before the first quarter of next year. For now, I'm very happy with my Nokia E61, though I am very excited about seeing the iPhone in action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

anyone know the operating system on it and could it be used with GPS S/W ?

Flying wrote:
    anyone know the operating system on it and could it be used with GPS S/W ?

Beyond the fact that it will be running a version of OS X, that is still very unclear. It appears that the version of the iPhone for Cingular will, at least initially, be quite locked down. This is unsurprising, given that Cingular has a habit to lock down phones.

For example, I have the Nokia E61. Nokia made a special version of this phone for Cingular, called the E62. At the request of Cingular (now AT&T), Nokia removed WiFi and VoIP as well as 3G.

I wouldn't want to speculate until more is known for sure.

Just like to add, given that the iPhone runs a version of OS X, and includes bluetooth support (necessary for using a GPS module), in theory it should work. But the fact that it hasn't even been released in the US, never mind in Ireland, makes any speculation pointless.

Anything that you don't see at http://www.apple.com/iphone/ is pointless to speculate about, IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Cheers for the info guys :) I'm seriously considering pre-booking one on expansys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I was told 3 months in the Apple Store in New York.... wonder how accurate that's gonna be? Got it from 2 different staff members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement