Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Chassis number

Options
  • 22-03-2007 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can find the chassis number of my car? I heard before that its engraved in the window, but there is 2 long numbers there and I dont know which it is!! Im going in to tax it tomorrow and iv lost my registration cert...
    Ill need to apply for a new one while im there but i need to pay asap for this cos its out of tax since Last april!!!
    Its a BMW 3 series if that makes a difference?
    Thanks a mill!!!
    Emma :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Every chassis number is 17 digits long. It will be on a plate under the bonnet, on the door pillar, in a slot on the dash behind the windscreen and there are plenty of other places too. AFAIK, as it's a BMW it will start with the letters WBA. It should also be on the VLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you don't need the chassis number to apply for replacement docs, just the registration number and your address.
    Form RF134 is available here:
    www.dublincity.ie/Images/Motor%20Tax_Replacement%20Documents_RF134_tcm35-8841.pdf
    Print this out and fill it in, then take it to your local Garda station to get stamped. THen bring the completed form to the motor tax office, and pay 12 euro. They will issue you with a receipt, and a new registration cert will be sent to the registered address of the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Heart_N_Soul

Hey Lads,
    That great - I found it under the bonnet!! Thanks a mill to both of yis for your help,
    Much appreciated
    Emma
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Hey Lads,
    That great - I found it under the bonnet!! Thanks a mill to both of yis for your help,
    Much appreciated
    Emma
    :D
    Good to hear you found it :)

[/QUOTE]
    LUKE Chapter 15:
    4 "What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it?
    5 And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy
    6 and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.'
    7 I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.
    [/QUOTE]

Guess Luke wasnt a sheep farmer.....every sheep farmer knows that if he/she went looking for a single sheep while leaving the other 99 to roam they would have fecked off when he got back and he would have to go looking for 99 sheep!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement