Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would they close that road?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bacon&cabbage

bazz26 wrote:
    They are the County Council offices in Doradoyle. I think it is the City Council who are involved in this hair brain venture.

Limerick CoCo are the Lead Authority on this one, I think its because this "road" is going through limerick CoCo's jurisdiction mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Limerick CoCo are the Lead Authority on this one, I think its because this "road" is going through limerick CoCo's jurisdiction mostly.

Cheers I stand corrected.

If it does go ahead and it looks like it will, I hope the worst traffic distruption is right outside their front door everyday as a testiment and reminder to their traffic management muppetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

bazz26 wrote:

traffic management muppetry.

Those 3 words above are only to be used in conjunction with each other while addressing anything to do with roads in Limerick .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

don't know why they would close that rd wheres the common sense?

only way to get into town from raheen/dooradoyle will be to drive over the Dooradoyle flyover on the n20 and take the 2nd left for ballyclough. this will take u onto the fedamore road and will bring u past southill and up to the Roxboro rd Roundabout.
    not a great rd by any means but in rush hour 10 mins is all it takes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

yayamark wrote:

only way to get into town from raheen/dooradoyle will be to drive over the Dooradoyle flyover on the n20 and take the 2nd left for ballyclough. this will take u onto the fedamore road and will bring u past southill and up to the Roxboro rd Roundabout.
    not a great rd by any means but in rush hour 10 mins is all it takes.

:D

I lived out that road and my parents did until recently , at rush hour 8:30/9 am you would do well to make it in that road in 10 minutes in a helicopter .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

ok at 8.30am i'd say 20 mins max. i often take it if i hear of an accident on the dual carraigeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭grasscutter

I checked out a map on the nra website and as far I can see that shows the road past the Quality Hotel at Roxboro still being linked to the bypass
    The only difference is the roundabout has become a spaghetti junction. Take a look. Perhaps its an old map..............

http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/TollingDocumentation/file,780,en.PDF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I checked out a map on the nra website and as far I can see that shows the road past the Quality Hotel at Roxboro still being linked to the bypass
    The only difference is the roundabout has become a spaghetti junction. Take a look. Perhaps its an old map..............

http://www.nra.ie/PublicPrivatePartnership/TollingDocumentation/file,780,en.PDF

That looks correct. The problem here is that there is no way off the ring road, only onto it.
    That has been confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Im sorry lads, all this is really confusing, im trying to get the jist of it.....

So if im coming from galway.....then through tunnell.....i wont be able to get on the n20 straight away?? is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Im sorry lads, all this is really confusing, im trying to get the jist of it.....

So if im coming from galway.....then through tunnell.....i wont be able to get on the n20 straight away?? is that it?

You should be able to. The new tunnel road will meet up with the N20/21 via an interchange at where the existing roundabout is on the N20/21 next to Carew Park.

It is the exit from that existing roundabout at Carew Park that brings you up past the Quality Hotel that they plan to take away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

It will only effect people in limerick city really and commuters going there
    not people going to galway
    I really hope this dosnt go through

Advertisement