Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spicy Chicken Rub

• 23-03-2007 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

For a long time, I have struggled to develop a really good spicy chicken coating. I've done it! This works for fajitas (or for a spicy chicken salad) and barbequeued chicken. It also works well on vegetables, and although I have not yet tried it, I think it would work well too for steak strips. It's really good!

This is enough to coat five or six chicken breasts. I always make the whole lot and cook three breasts, keeping the rest of the seasoning in a sealed container for the next time.

Ingredients:
    3 teaspoons hot chilli powder
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed with a pestle and mortar)
    1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    large pinch ground cinnamon

Mix all of your ingredients together and voila! The best rub ever. I used to coat the raw chicken in it and then fry in a little olive oil, but now I only add it to the meat when the meat is almost cooked. This is because the chilli powder can cause a bit of coughing when it hits the heat and it's better not to prolong it! This method doesn't affect the taste. Enjoy!

Any other dry rubs developed very welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Ooh that sounds nice, gonna give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

or you could save time if you're lazy and buy the one from Tesco it's pretty much the same but pricey!
    !

Advertisement