Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naming for Roundabouts?

Options
  • 23-03-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else experience difficulties when trying to give directions to their houses to someone not too familiar with Charlesland? A friend of mine who has been living in Greystones for ages was visiting last night and I took me about 5 mins to explain properly which exits at which roundabouts to take. I think it would be a lot simpler if they named roundabouts. So instead of telling them "at the roundabout where you see superquinn... no not the big one... the one after that..." You could say "take 2nd exit at blahblah roundabout and 3rd on blohbloh". Or is it a stupid idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

names would be stupid, as they'd have to put big massive signs on each roundabout, and it would look a bit silly imo.

They could do what they have done in Citywest, which has a load of roundabouts, and number each one. Then all you need is a little sign with a number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i usually tell them to come up the left or right hand side of the big green in the middle...
    fairly easy from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Tauren wrote:
    names would be stupid, as they'd have to put big massive signs on each roundabout, and it would look a bit silly imo.

They could do what they have done in Citywest, which has a load of roundabouts, and number each one. Then all you need is a little sign with a number on it.

yep numbers is better.

Matt- problem is getting them into the green in the first place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it would be better maybe if they had Charlesland on the roadsigns at either end of the link road (it does say "Charlesland" on the large boulders but this isn't the same thing), and then have proper signs for the different estates at the superquinn roundabouts (again - they are listed on the "Welcome to The Glen" sign, but only in very small writing. Does anyone actually use "The Glen" anyway??)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

loyatemu wrote:
    Does anyone actually use "The Glen" anyway??)

"The Glen" is pointless. I refuse to use The Glen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement