Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Navigator Vive!

• 23-03-2007 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

http://www.aanavigator.com/product/TW7035/AA+Navigator+Vive!.htm

Anyone have one of these?

Seems the best offer out there tbh.

Full Navteq maps of Ireland and UK, POI. Speed cameras UK etc

Price is about 230 delivered but if you are a member of the AA theres a 10% discount so it works out at about 210euro or so.
    With everyone saying the aldi and lidl deals are great surely this a brilliant option at 210euro?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Wow, that looks good, I'd be interested myself. But I am curious for the opinions of the more learn'd (ala homer simpson) GPS folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

prospect wrote:
    Wow, that looks good, I'd be interested myself. But I am curious for the opinions of the more learn'd (ala homer simpson) GPS folks.

Exactly my thoughts, i await the expert opinions before I buy it next week.

Anyone know if any shops around Dublin sell this (at a reasonable cost?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Anyone know if any shops around Dublin sell this (at a reasonable cost?)

Best bet would be to try the AA shop on Suffolk Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgwils

Sounds like a very good option. NAVTEQ maps for ROI, good screen quality, comes with the charger and windscreen mount. I also like the MP3 player facility. Will be great if someone tried it or had any ideas on it from an AA shop to let us know their experience.

This system is the evesham navcam 7700 with AA navigator 2007 loaded onto it.

I can get these for £140 sterling + £5 postage which works out cheaper than the AA website which seems like a great deal tbh.

If anyone has used the navcam 7700 or this let me know how you found it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Did anyone ever buy this AA navigator. If so what are your opinions of it

Ye i bought it.

Its fantastic when its up and running, but i find it tends to freeze a lot if you put in your destination to quickly or press to many buttons, which is really annoying.

Another thing that wrecks my head is that it takes mine about 7-10mins to pick up a GPS signal, which is terrible. Although somebody else on here has one and it only takes a minute for them to load up and find a signal.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Does it use the latest navteq v9 maps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NiallDaly

Hello,
    I purchased this item in SoundStore in Tralee, with a 10% AA deduction.
    It uses the Latest V9 Navteq maps.
    It is accurate, simple to use out of the box.
    It is basic by garmin or Tom Tom standards buut mapping is better than the TomTom in ireland.
    It will also take a 2GB SD card for other maps of Europe or the US.
    Very good POIs 500,000 or so.
    Good for Golf, Hotels Pubs/Resturants,etc etc.
    Display is a small bit plain but very functional and very accurate.
    Same as Eveshams own 7700
    Memory is also flashable if required
    Comes compleate with backup CD, usb cable, solid mount for windscreen/dashboard

Advertisement