Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to call UK seller

Options
  • 23-03-2007 12:19pm

I need to ring electricwarehouse.co.uk about purchasing an item from them and was wondering how I can do this cheaply? I'll obviously need to ring them during business (peak) hours and I don't know how long I'll be on...it'll hopefully just be the once.

I'm with Eircom (and their broadband) but don't know how much they charge....thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

You could try using Telestunt - you dial 1890 943 123 (charged at local rate) then enter the UK number starting 0044.

Or you could try an internet based company like Jajah and make the call for free using the trial on their homepage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

www.Skype.com if they are a regular (i.e. not premium rate) number

muffinhead wrote:
    You could try using Telestunt - you dial 1890 943 123 (charged at local rate) then enter the UK number starting 0044.

I tried ringing this number at 6.20pm this evening but all I got was a disconnected tone.....I tried with both my landline and mobile.

By the way is that 1890 number the one I ring if I want to call a UK landline from my mobile? Or is it 1520 932 601? I am a little confused as to what the "landline" and "mobile" on telestunt's homepage mean....Are they for if you are CALLING a landline or mobile or if you are USING a landline or mobile to call?

Cheers anyway!

By the way is that 1890 number the one I ring if I want to call a UK landline from my mobile? Or is it 1520 932 601? I am a little confused as to what the "landline" and "mobile" on telestunt's homepage mean....Are they for if you are CALLING a landline or mobile or if you are USING a landline or mobile to call?

1890 is for calling UK landlines and 1520 is for calling UK mobiles.

According to Eircom's website, 1890 is charged at local rate and 1520 is charged at 15c/min.

The idea is you call the 1890 and 1520 numbers from a landline. However, you can also call them from your mobile but you will be charged more by your mobile network.

Thanks for clearing that up :) I'm still getting the disconnected sound though...seems like its shut down?

• Advertisement

Try 1890 944 711 - this is from AllFreeCalls.ie

I'll try that instead of telestunt (who must be gone). Looking at the allfreecalls website would I be right in saying that if I want to call a UK landline number from my mobile I dial 1516 778398 and it will only cost me €1.75 for 35mins!!!?!?!? Thanks muffin

Looking at the allfreecalls website would I be right in saying that if I want to call a UK landline number from my mobile I dial 1516 778398 and it will only cost me €1.75 for 35mins!!!?!?!?

Yeah, it'd look that way! According to O2's website 1516 numbers are charged €1.75 per call, but I'm assuming AllFreeCalls would cut you off after 35mins - still good value though, only 5c per min!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

Take a look at blueface.ie -
    Follow the link that says "Blueface Rates on your Mobile - Nice"
    Calls to UK landlines are charged at 1.6¢/min for peak calls.
    This is on top of your cost to access the number, so it'll be
    cost for an irish land line number + 1.6¢ per minute.

If you think you might be on hold for a half hour or so,
    try not to use a mobile.

If you're paying Eircom for a service, find out how much they're charging you!

Advertisement