Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cherished registration number

Options
  • 23-03-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

Someone told me that its possible to download a form to prebook registration number for a vehicle.

Anyone know any info on this? and or any links?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

You can download the form but it has to be posted.

http://www.revenue.ie/forms/vrt15a.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Reserving a vehicle registration number

You can only apply to reserve a vehicle registration number plate on or after the 1st November of the year before you intend to bring the vehicle into use. In other words, you can only apply to reserve a vehicle registration number plate on or after 1 November 2006 to use this plate in 2007.

The number you reserve must be in the normal format and must correspond with the licensing authority area where you normally reside and the year in which the vehicle is to be first brought into use, i.e., 07-D-77 may only be reserved by someone living in Dublin for a vehicle intended to be brought into use in the year 2007.

The registered owner of the vehicle on which the plates are to be displayed must be the person in whose name the number was reserved. You cannot transfer a reserved number.

All registration numbers are available for reservation with the exception of the first number of each year issued in the following cities - Cork, Dublin, Limerick and Waterford. These registration plates are then 07-C-1, 07-D-1, 07-L-1 and 07-W-1. These plates are reserved for the Mayor/Lord Mayor of each of these cities and are not available for reservation by anyone else.

A reserved registration number can only be assigned to a vehicle when it has been reached in the normal sequence. It may not be displayed on a vehicle before it has been formally assigned by the Revenue Commissioners following the presentation and acceptance of a completed declaration for registration.

Applications will be processed on receipt of the first post on the fourth working day of November; this is to allow time for postal applications to be received.

No priority will be given to applications received before this date.

An available number may be provisionally reserved by sending a completed application form by fax on the fourth working day of November to the Central Vehicle Office once the initial selection process has been completed. Provisional reservations will be conditional on the fee being received within three working days. If not received within this time, the number will again be made available for reservation by someone else

Rates The fee to reserve a vehicle registration number is 315 euro.

Fines of up to 1,265 euro may be imposed by the Revenue Commissioners for registration plates that fail to comply with the law.

How to apply Download and complete a vehicle reservation number form (pdf) (one form per number) and send it with the appropriate fee of 315 euro (cheques to be made payable to the Collector, Customs and Excise) to the Central Vehicle Office.

Successful applicants will be notified by post (or fax if requested) on Form VRT 15N. This form must be presented when you are registering your vehicle.

If you have been unsuccessful in your application, you will be notified by the Central Vehicle Office and your fee of 315 euro will be refunded.

Where To Apply

Registration Section
    Central Vehicle Office
    Rosslare Harbour
    Co Wexford

Tel:+353 (0)53 9161247 or +353 (0)53 9161230
    Fax:+353 (0)53 9133790
    Email:reservereg@revenue.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks guys, very helpful. I'll add this to the sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Reserving a vehicle registration number

You can only apply to reserve a vehicle registration number plate on or after the 1st November of the year before you intend to bring the vehicle into use. In other words, you can only apply to reserve a vehicle registration number plate on or after 1 November 2006 to use this plate in 2007.
    so what about those numbers that the revenue have held on to? Surely if they weren't taken up by 1/11/06, then they should have automatically been handed out on a first come, first served basis.

e.g. no such regsitration yet in 2007 for 07D911 or 07D89

Surely one of the 911 or DB9 owners in Dublin would have snapped these up, but apparently not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Lex Luthor wrote:
    so what about those numbers that the revenue have held on to? Surely if they weren't taken up by 1/11/06, then they should have automatically been handed out on a first come, first served basis.

Surely one of the 911 or DB9 owners in Dublin would have snapped these up, but apparently not

They might have been reserved and the cars haven't arrived yet

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote:

$Leon$ wrote:
    They might have been reserved and the cars haven't arrived yet
    Presumably also, they could be used for re-registering used imports. A lot of people are under the impression that imports must go to the end of the line but one can request to have any of the available non-issued numbers if willing to pay €315.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Thanks guys. This information is extensive and extreemly helpful

08D1337 here I come :P .......... (joking 09D1337 here I some :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

09D1337
    eh??

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it spells "LEE IOBO" when looked at upside down of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

leet? LEET??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Saw a DB9 last week wirh the reg 07 D 9007. If I could spend 200K on a motor I'd defo be shelling 315 yoyos for the number I want!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Saw a golf gti in newbridge with 05 or 06 G71 on the 7 had any extra bit out the top right so it looked like 06 GT1. pretty cool looking!

antodeco wrote:
    Saw a golf gti in newbridge with 05 or 06 G71 on the 7 had any extra bit out the top right so it looked like 06 GT1. pretty cool looking!
    There is a whole thread somewhere here devoted to those type of regs with pictures etc. but I can never find it when i search. It is entitled something like "Pictures of rare, unusual and apt. registrations.....".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

There is a whole thread somewhere here devoted to those type of regs with pictures etc. but I can never find it when i search. It is entitled something like "Pictures of rare, unusual and apt. registrations.....".

Here it is!

This bit explains the leet business!

And here's the "Master Leet" :D

invest4deepvalue.com

09D1337
    :confused:
    antodeco wrote:
    the 7 had any extra bit out the top right so it looked like 06 GT1. pretty cool looking!
    and totally illegal....why going to the bother of putting that extra bit on the '7' when its clear to all that its meant to look like a '4'?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Lex Luthor wrote:
    :and totally illegal....why going to the bother of putting that extra bit on the '7' when its clear to all that its meant to look like a '4'?

Any harm in explaining why you think it should look like a 4 Lex? You've really lost me on this one....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

There's a grey DB9 around Dublin with the reg 07 D 9 so it's already gone.. prob why the one you saw had normal reg.

MarkN wrote:
    There's a grey DB9 around Dublin with the reg 07 D 9 so it's already gone.. prob why the one you saw had normal reg.
    The one jeffontour saw didn't really have a 'normal' number. It had 07 D 9007 as in 07 D9 007 ("The name is Bond").

Anyway, a lot of owners of exclusive cars prefer the anonymity of a normal sequence number.

Do-more wrote:
    Any harm in explaining why you think it should look like a 4 Lex? You've really lost me on this one....
    Blonde moment...should have been 'T'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Tauren wrote:
    leet? LEET??
    l-eet / elite ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement