Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro broadcast point for Limerick?

Options
  • 23-03-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows where Digiweb are broadcasting their wireless Metro service from for Limerick City? I've just moved into an apartment on the Dublin Rd, near Frank Hogan Motors and I want to get broadband. There are several antennae on the roof, most for Chorus. One looks like an internet receiver, it seems to be facing in the same direction as the Chorus aerials. Are Digiweb using the same site as Chorus use for their MMDS service?

I've tried Ripwave but it doesn't have coverage where I am. Anyone know if Digiweb are planning on expanding Ripwave coverage in Limerick? I've used it before and it's a great service, in my experience. What's the Metro service like in Limerick?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

That would be woodcock hill - I believe it's also one of the Chorus sites.

As for Ripwave - probably best to ask that question of our friends in IBB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭SideshowBob

Ah, yes, if you could see me now, you'd see that my cheeks are redder than my red hair right now :o

Thanks for the info though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Metro service in Limerick is decent enough, you do get long periods of ****eness every now and then though. But for those who dont want a landline its good.
    Just bear in mind that their contention at peak times can be woeful.
    Although I would choose Digiweb over IBB if you can get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Digiweb's antenae are on top of woodcock hill, it was originally on top of the new glass building beside the shannon bridge but was moved.

Irish Broadbands Node is on top of the Clarion Hotel...

Regards,
    Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't think so. I'm sure I had metro before the new Glass building was done (from 1st Nov 2005).

Maybe Crawler can confirm. But I think it was always on Woodcock.

IBB have various point in Limerick depending on the service. They did do Ripwave from Clarion though I heard rumours it is moved to Chorus at Roxboro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Digiweb installs are carried out by USP in the Limerick region who In install Chorus. IrishBroadband is definetly not on the Chorus building could be closeby in the roxboro shopping centre maybe??? Interesting topic cheers watty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Its always been on Woodcock Hill. We tested the Riverpoint (glass) building but we were not happy with the results and this have never gone live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Chaz wrote:
    Its always been on Woodcock Hill. We tested the Riverpoint (glass) building but we were not happy with the results and this have never gone live.

Not to mention if it had been put up there it probably would have blown off with half the roof tiles by now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

IBB - Clarion (Live)
    Ice Broadband - Riverpoint (Not sure if it is live yet)
    Digiweb - Woodcock Hill (Live)

thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Is Ice Broadband coming to Limerick?

• Advertisement
Advertisement