Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 147 Oil Pressure

Options
  • 23-03-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Have what I believe is a common problem with my Alfa 147

When cornoring quickly or braking suddenly I get a warning saying oil pressure is low. It dissapears quickly but is still annoying

Has anyone had this problem fixed before? Is it a big job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Your oil level is low. Dip it and top it up with same grade.
    The sooner the better obviously.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You've probably already damaged the engine.

You are aware that Twin Spark Alfas drink oil, and should be check every week or 1000 miles, whichever is sooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Randomswinger

I know about it drinking so I keep it topped up. Still happens though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I got that message once before going over a speedbump so I pulled in and topped up the oil and has been fine ever since....
    keep an eye on the oil level these alfa 147's like the oil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

its obviously only warning you when you brake suddenly cos then the oil all flows forward (or back) in the reservoir, and as the level is low, the warning light is triggered then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I know about it drinking so I keep it topped up. Still happens though
    probably a dodgy sensor then but get it checked out soon

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Oil is surging around the sump probably.

Keep it topped up (not above max. on dipstick) or else damage can be done to the engine.

My old RS2000 has a baffled sump to prevent just this.

Advertisement