Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car recommendations

Options
  • 23-03-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭

First off, appologies to all - i have tried not posting this, but i don't know enough about cars myself so i would like your opinions. I know how much you must all love these "recommend me a car" threads:rolleyes: :o

Anywho.....

I'm looking to spend a maximum of 15k on my first "proper" car, and would prefer to go a bit cheaper.

I would love a Seat Leon 1.6S, but they won't be in my price range any time soon so i've had to give up on that.

I'm looking to get something that looks nice, preferably in black, handles well, has a bit of oomf, but doesn't drink petrol like it was running out....

My current car is a Mazda 323f, 1997, and it is my first car. Having passed the driving test i would like to get something a bit newer.

Was looking at an Alfa Romeo 147 T Spark, but having done a small bit of research, i'm fairly certain any i bought would blow up, such is my luck. The reason i was looking at it was that it looks lovely, could be got for a good price and came with some nice extra's (such as steering wheel mounted radio controls) But, as i have said, it doesn't appear to be what i want from a reliability and feul consumption point of view.

I don't want a car with worse feul economy then my current car, and also don't really want to get a saloon car, as they are a bit too long in the back - i'd be afraid of reversing into a wall or car or something, i would like the back window to be a good representation of the back of the car, if you know what i mean.

I'm in no great rush, as i still have a few months on my current insurance and don't want to go for a newer car til i have my NCB up and running.

Any suggestions?

Comments

Advertisement