Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Lex Luthor wrote:
    how big a tank?

Takes about 55euro to fill so i guess about the same in ltrs it tell you on the computer when you fill it will do 1100km but its about 900 i get now im talking km not miles remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,767 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have been looking more and more at the Hyundia Coupe 1.6fx, the newer model (obviously not the facelifted models though)

Anyone know where i could find the stard spec for one? Would like to know what stuff i should be looking at getting - my dad had a coupe a few years back, and it had climate control. None of the ones i have seen on CarZone list it (my dad may not have had the 1.6 model) so i'm wondering can it be got on this model at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tauren wrote:
    have been looking more and more at the Hyundia Coupe 1.6fx, the newer model (obviously not the facelifted models though)

Anyone know where i could find the stard spec for one? Would like to know what stuff i should be looking at getting - my dad had a coupe a few years back, and it had climate control. None of the ones i have seen on CarZone list it (my dad may not have had the 1.6 model) so i'm wondering can it be got on this model at all?

2002 - 2005 Coupe 1.6 litre has an electric sunroof as standard. Very rare to find one with air conditioning. I think the only other option on this model at the time was leather seats. The 2.0 litre Coupe had leather seats as standard afaik plus air conditioning or possibly climate control.

damn....really want climate control in my next car, and a 2.0litre engine would push the insurance and feul bill that bit too high. rats.

have been looking a bit more - i have pretty much decided on a Hyundai Coupe - think i will go for the 2Litre version, if i can get it at a nice price, and definately in black. Hopefully i'll be able to pick one up over the next couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tauren wrote:
    have been looking a bit more - i have pretty much decided on a Hyundai Coupe - think i will go for the 2Litre version, if i can get it at a nice price, and definately in black. Hopefully i'll be able to pick one up over the next couple of months.

Should be able to pick up a 2.0 litre coupe for around the same price as a 1.6 litre version as there is less demand for the 2.0 litre.

The Toyota Celica should also be checked out. They are 1.8 litre and most have climate control. Will cost more than a similar year Hyundai Coupe though and insurance might be higher too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Yep, the celica is the answer! Dynamically superior to the hyundai, easier to tax than the 2 litre with more power, and it looks better!
    Buy mine and you'll have a fantastic car! :D

3 Questions.

1. what is the mpg like on a celica?
    2. Is yours black?
    3. Can you get a big batman sticker to put on the bonet of said celica? :D

Tauren wrote:
    i reckon i would not be able to go over 1.6 - which seems to put me in/around the €1200 mark on the quinn-direct.ie website (using a a guage at the moment)

Can I pleeeease beg you not to use Quinn Direct, they may seem cheap now but if you have so much as a bump, they will pay out without even asking you what happened or letting you know that a claim was made - you won't find out until you get your renewal quote and it will be more like €4,000, try a broker like www.insureme.ie really good website and they have loads of policies from different insurers, cheapest might seem the best at the time but look into what you're getting......

Grainne C wrote:
    Can I pleeeease beg you not to use Quinn Direct, they may seem cheap now but if you have so much as a bump, they will pay out without even asking you what happened or letting you know that a claim was made - you won't find out until you get your renewal quote and it will be more like €4,000, try a broker like www.insureme.ie really good website and they have loads of policies from different insurers, cheapest might seem the best at the time but look into what you're getting......
    I started out with Quinn, as they were the cheapest offering for a provisional driver.

I got my full licence a few weeks ago, so come renewal time, i'll be better placed (no longer provisional and 1 year NCB, as long as nothing happens in the next couple of months) to go shopping for quotes. I'm hoping to get my new car before renewal time, so the cost of transfering the insurance won't be much, and then i will use a brokerage firm to try and get a cheaper quote. Benchmark are linked with my company through groupscheme so i'll see what they can get me. I checked the FBD website for a quote and they were good too. I'll certainly be keeping my options open.

• Advertisement

anyone on here own a celica? Have been looking at a few over the last few days - just wondering, is the mpg of the 190bhp model as bad as you would expect it to be? What would you normally get out of it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Tauren wrote:
    anyone on here own a celica? Have been looking at a few over the last few days - just wondering, is the mpg of the 190bhp model as bad as you would expect it to be? What would you normally get out of it?

If your main concern is mpg, respectfully you should be looking at something else.

Quicker cars use more fuel.

If your main concern is mpg, respectfully you should be looking at something else.

Quicker cars use more fuel.
    fair enough, i was just wondering what it would be though - i wouldn't like to get a car that gives me much under 35mpg (as my current car does) so while i'd like a sportyish car, i don't want something that will cost me a fortune to run.

Advertisement