Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with wireless router?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

IgsTer wrote:
    Hey..

i just got my ps3 today and need now to buy a wireless router..this d-link one in argos

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10751&productId=762218&clickfrom=image

seems to be the right one for me..i am currently on utv adsl 2mb..will this router work ok with that?

also how exactly do i set this up to connect to both my pc beside the router via ethernet and ps3 in a different room across the house wirelessly..?

thanks

Yes that will work for you - as it has a modem included it will replace your current UTV modem (hold on to the UTV modem as they require its return if you ever leave them) You will need to set up the dlink with your UTV settings as a first basic step.

The pc can connect to the dlink via ethernet which you are using at the moment as for the PS I will leave that to the experts:)

Advertisement