Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weekend

Options
  • 23-03-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

anybody going out shooting at the weekend ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

going shooting clays in the morning if my mam can babysit the brothers kids

was meant to be going to youghal on sunday morning rabbit shooting but thats off. I was actually sulking when i heard today. I was looking forward to it all week. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

cool
    how often do you get out ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Week before easter im down in cork working with my dad for a week and the place is littered with rabbits anywhere you look theres 5-6 rabbits was down there yesterday took the gun out for 5mins bang dead rabbit at 120yards then on the way to get him shot another 2 at 80 and 100yards man i love the .17hmr

the hunter wrote:
    cool
    how often do you get out ??

as often as i can really, between work, the girlfriend and being lazy its no where near as much as i'd like though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Vegeta wrote:
    going shooting clays in the morning if my mam can babysit the brothers kids

Hopefully you will be able to shoot the clays on a Sat there.
    Was unsure if they were fully set up. There is a huge stack
    of boxes of clays there are the moment.

I'd of loved to have headed up with ya but if I did I would have to deal with
    a very pissed off and moody girlfriend. Woundnt of minded seeing
    your brother .270 as I am not familiar with the calibre. Its for deer right ?

Hopefully next weekend a buddy in work will get a jig or someway of holding
    my rifle stready and we may look into doing a bit of work on my mounts
    to try and get them set up a bit better which may involve taking a dremel to
    it to shave off a tiny wee bit of metal. (Dont want to use up ALL my clicks to zero the
    scope) so maby that weekend of the following we may get a chance to head up to
    the range to try it out. If we do will give you a shout.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

i'll be out depending on work if i'm off sat night i wont be if i am workin i'll be out need to zero the rifle properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

yep i'm deffinitly out tomorrow on the range in the morning might go looking for bunnies in the afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

so how did everyone that went out shooting last weekend get on ???
    and who,s out this weekend ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

i'l be out this evening straight after work down the river with the .22 havin a go at a few targets and i'l take the rod along aswell to see if i get lucky. i'l go out in the morning aswell and possibly sunday. i finish work about 4.30 everyday so i am blessed that i can take either gun out every evening for a stroll somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

WTSC Open is on this weekend, so I'm on the range all weekend... stuck in the stats office again :D
    Roll on next year and getting back to shooting...

• Advertisement

hope to get out at least some bit over the weekend. depends what the better half says

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭marlin

changed my shotgun last week so hoping to shoot a few clays this weekend and maybe decoy a few magpies too I find that great practice ,they,re very fast,got myself a bipod too for the .22 so I,ll punch a few holes in paper to see how that works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi,

anyone going out to Roundwood this Sunday (22nd)? I will be up there testing my recent purchase. Have no scope yet but it's on order. ;)

Best,
    Preusse

not going to roundwood but going clay shooting in the morning.

Should be a bit of a laugh anyway

try and get out with the .223 aswell for a bit of longer range stuff

Advertisement