Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leather trousers on guys

• 23-03-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

There was an overwhelmingly negative discussion about this on Ray D'Arcy this morning, which I think is a little unfair on the guys that can pull them off. And guys in leather trousers who can pull them off... MMMMM! What do the rest of you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No No No....... it always looks so wrong. Only the ladies can pull off the leather trouser's look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Only if you are a biker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

c - 13 wrote:
    Only if you are a biker.

Or Jim Morrison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Or Jim Morrison

Or in an 80's metal band I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I heard this bit on the Ray Darcy show :D
    Someone said the Hoff and i have to agree.. in fact im sure he has been on TV in leather pants.

I could pull them off......
    But probably could not get them on in the first place :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fantastic Kaz

well if you look like this.......

http://www.cyclenews.com/photos/1Nicky.jpg

YES!

Otherwise Nooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Leather pants are for prostitutes.

Sangre wrote:

Hmnn I'd have to disagree with you there Sangre. I think you're joking, but just in case your serious, I disagree!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I heard that show too. Jon Bon Jovi while on stage can get away with them and the Hoff............well what else would you expect him to wear:D No one else though and the only woman I know who can pull them off is Naomi Campbell;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

kizzyr wrote:
    I heard that show too. Jon Bon Jovi while on stage can get away with them and the Hoff............well what else would you expect him to wear:D No one else though and the only woman I know who can pull them off is Naomi Campbell;)

The Hoff can get away with anything, he is The Hoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Hands up I'll admit to having a couple of pairs of leather trousers , some were for the bike other I have as general everyday going out wear.

But must admit to cringing a bit when you see a guy in skin tight leather trousers good on girls scary on guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

I have a pair. They're Richa. They've got CE approved armour in the knees and shins, and a breathable, stretchy panel in the crotch. The waist is about belly button high and they've got zips on the backs of the calf. I wear on certain occasions, such as riding my motorbike. Otherwise there are no circumstances whatsoever when it acceptable to wear leather trousers if you are a man. NONE. Anyone who argues this point is a troll and should be ignored:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the hoff can get away with them and bikers because they look cool. the look terrible on people i refer to the episode of friends with ross and his leather pants. funny and a good example of why not to wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sangre wrote:
    Agreed.

Horrible on both sexes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I once knew a guy who wore leather trousers and a superman T-shirt...what a bad idea!

r3nu4l wrote:
    I once knew a guy who wore leather trousers and a superman T-shirt...what a bad idea!

Heh poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Heh, the first thing I thought was the same as AnonoBoy, unless you are Jim Morrison, or Slash, and they can't be shiney..
    TK

Advertisement