Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fail and Fascism?

Options
  • 23-03-2007 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hers an amusing little piece of information for you all.

Fianna Fail have 4 MEP's in the E.U. parliment. The parliment has about 8 transnational parties in them. The one Fianna Fail is in is called, Union of Europe for the Nations. This considered to be a collection of the highly nationlist parties in Europe. The two biggest parties that are said to be the driving force is Fianna Fail and an Italian party, National Alliance. Which means the have to cosey up with Alessandra Mussolini, grand-daughter of Il Duce and very openly pro-Fascist. That I found to be very funny.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hardly news! FF have been coalesced with strange parties ever since Ireland voted at EU level in 1975. I'm sure the only reason its not part of part of the European Peoples Party is cos that where FG hang out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_for_Europe_of_the_Nations

The UEN is clearly a disfunctional group, whos' members have often got little in common.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I will add this to my list of questions I'm going to ask Senator Brady when I drop down to his clinic in St. Lukes before the election.

I very well may vote FF as Sen. Brady as had the bold Bertie make representations on my behalf for an educational grant but I will not do so before he answers some very hard questions.

If I had some sort of a dictaphone I'd record the conversation and upload it for your listening pleasure!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

Dontico wrote:
    Hers an amusing little piece of information for you all.

Fianna Fail have 4 MEP's in the E.U. parliment. The parliment has about 8 transnational parties in them. The one Fianna Fail is in is called, Union of Europe for the Nations. This considered to be a collection of the highly nationlist parties in Europe. The two biggest parties that are said to be the driving force is Fianna Fail and an Italian party, National Alliance. Which means the have to cosey up with Alessandra Mussolini, grand-daughter of Il Duce and very openly pro-Fascist. That I found to be very funny.

You should have a good laugh at this then (SF's Grouping) :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_United_Left–Nordic_Green_Left

the main bunch not being Nordic Greens:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_of_the_European_Left

Several of the member and observer parties participate also in the more radical European Anticapitalist Left.

Now SF is in the grouping but "not affiliated" to PEL or NGL???

Am I surprised?

This is the SF who wanted to abolish companies and private property. Since companies are not going to be abolishec they want to INCREASE tax on company profits. At the same time running In Northern Ireland they want to DECREASE corporation tax there to be in line with the tax in the Republic! Go fugure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

yeah i thought it was hilarious. the way the group that SF are with was described to me by a representive for the European Peoples Party as "completley out of thier heads communists".

Advertisement