Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cool Shell-Ferrari Ad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice one - good ad, and great Friday afternoon stuff too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

that was a bit crap to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Saw that recently, it is really cool.

The sounds of the engines are just fab....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Great link. The sound of those engines put a big smile on my face, eco-mentalist college friend tut-tutted which made it all the better!!

Anyone know if it was filmed as its shown or is it all cgi wizardry??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

It only encourages more boy racers to be speeding around the place like lunaticks, we have enough of it going on in computer games.

ps. The above comment is to be taken lightly!!!

BTW its excellent driving & effects and beats Getaway from Stockholm!!!!:D :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Yes, but weren't Ferrari sponsored by Agip up until 1995 or so?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_412T

Trivial matter but don't like it when people try to rewrite history TBH...

Bradidup wrote:
    It only encourages more boy racers to be speeding around the place like lunaticks, we have enough of it going on in computer games.

Does the chip on your shoulder have a chip on its shoulder??

I'm as much,if not more for personal reasons, against speeding and irresponsible driving as any other boardsie but this is a well produced and beautiful advertisement that strikes a chord with anyone remotely interested in either cars, F1 or even at a stratch beautiful cinematography.

I'm usually one of the first to tut-tut at dangerous driving here on boards, I've learned about the damage it can do to people the very hard way, but can you not appreciate this for what it is, a well made advertisement filmed on closed circuits by professional drivers in highly maintained and beautiful cars?

Ive read your post about wire dividers on motorways too and its all negative, you seem to have nothing positive to offer.

bigkev49 wrote:
    Does the chip on your shoulder have a chip on its shoulder??

I'm as much,if not more for personal reasons, against speeding and irresponsible driving as any other boardsie but this is a well produced and beautiful advertisement that strikes a chord with anyone remotely interested in either cars, F1 or even at a stratch beautiful cinematography.

I'm usually one of the first to tut-tut at dangerous driving here on boards, I've learned about the damage it can do to people the very hard way, but can you not appreciate this for what it is, a well made advertisement filmed on closed circuits by professional drivers in highly maintained and beautiful cars?

Ive read your post about wire dividers on motorways too and its all negative, you seem to have nothing positive to offer.

Do you not have a sense of humour? the above statement was ment to be taken lightly, and yes I thaught it was a better job than Getaway from Stockholm.

I agree I am 100% negative with regards to the Cable barriers and 100% of all bikers would agree, its a very serious matter. Just read on the topic in the bike forum, obviously you dont ride a motorbike.

Bradidup wrote:
    Do you not have a sense of humour? the above statement was ment to be taken lightly,

With regards to the Cable barriers its a very serious matter any biker would agree, obviously you dont ride a bike.

I have a perfectly good sense of humour. Your post failed to tickle it in a spectacular fashion.

No I don't ride a motorbike. I would guess at least 95% of motorists in Ireland don't either. I do drive a quadbike at home on the farm though and I would imagine that coming off a bike at motorway speeds leads to masscards anyway, whatever form the divider in the centre takes. Would a concrete divider not just hurl the rider into oncoming traffic?

bigkev49 wrote:
    I have a perfectly good sense of humour. Your post failed to tickle it in a spectacular fashion.

No I don't ride a motorbike. I would guess at least 95% of motorists in Ireland don't either. I do drive a quadbike at home on the farm though and I would imagine that coming off a bike at motorway speeds leads to masscards anyway, whatever form the divider in the centre takes. Would a concrete divider not just hurl the rider into oncoming traffic?

No, not true, the protective clothing availible today with knee pads, leathers etc one can survive high speed slides. Extensive studies on the continent have shown that when a motorcyclist hits a concrete or biker friendly barrier he will slide along it and maybe glance off it rather than getting impailed straight away. Most collisions serious colisions with cable barriers involve loosing limbs and decapitation as what happened on the M7 last year wih two bikers returning from Electric Picnic.

A Ford fiesta was caterpulted over the cable barrier last year to the oncoming side of the N24 near Bunratty, lucky no one was seriously injured, No whatter what barrier is installed there is still the risk of being hurled over to the oncoming side especially with the new trend of having the minimum or no grass medium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Great ad! Really brightened my evening...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Great ad. Too bad we can't get the 98RON V-Power that they're advertising over here.

Advertisement