Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some news on Lesnar.

• 23-03-2007 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

It would seem that Lesnar will be making his MMA debut on June 2 of this year under the K-1 Hero's show in Los Angeles at the Memorial Coliseum.
    Rumours abound that his fight will be the headline event ( lets face it, it's in the States and Lesnar is a draw plain and simple ) and he is rumoured to be fighting 7 foot 2 inch tall Hong Man Choi. It sounds like an ugly WWE style fight but Choi is not to be underestimated, with wins over Semy Schilt and Bob Sapp, he has only been knocked out once in his 12 fight career. His record is 9-3-0 as it stands.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Dragan wrote:
    It would seem that Lesnar will be making his MMA debut on June 2 of this year under the K-1 Hero's show in Los Angeles at the Memorial Coliseum.
    Rumours abound that his fight will be the headline event ( lets face it, it's in the States and Lesnar is a draw plain and simple ) and he is rumoured to be fighting 7 foot 2 inch tall Hong Man Choi. It sounds like an ugly WWE style fight but Choi is not to be underestimated, with wins over Semy Schilt and Bob Sapp, he has only been knocked out once in his 12 fight career. His record is 9-3-0 as it stands.

I think he only has a one fight deal with k-1 so I would expect him to head to the UFC after that... Hopefully he wins of course! Dana White was on somewhere during the week saying they are very interested in Lesnar and they seem to be where the money is now so I would expect that to happen after this fight... And then the fun can really begin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If Brock hits the F-5 he'll be alright. ;)

In all seriousness I hope he does well for himself because his NFL career fell flat and he doesn't need his MMA career going that route too.

In all seriousness I hope he does well for himself because his NFL career fell flat and he doesn't need his MMA career going that route too.

And if this fails its back to Vince with cap in hand and tail firmly between legs... Imagine the embarassing retribution that Brosk would have to go through on RAW or wherever? I wouldn`t wish that on anyone so heres hoping he lives up to his potential in MMA... Will be interesting to see what happens when he gets his first strong kick or punch to the head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, I could never see him going back to WWE looking for a job. He seems happy enough to have passed on the millions that would have easily come his way if he'd stayed with them, and he didn't seem pushed about re-signing last year when he was told he'd have to do a full schedule

Dana White sounds very interested in Lesnar. And Lesnar sounds to be a lot less "full of ****" than Kurt Angle, I wonder if Kurt's worried about Lesnar stealing his spotlight?

Choi once bet Sylvester Terkay, in K-1 I think, if there's any Terkay fans out there!

yeah I know he has no interest in going back to WWE now, but imagine if he bombed in MMA?! I mean nobody knows how he will react when he is hit hard. I mean if this guy beat Terkay and Terkay was one of the MMA fighters who found it hard to get fights because other fighters didn't want to go up against him then he must be good... What if he destroys Brock? (unlikely but you never know!) UFC may still sign him but not for massive money and if he bombed then he woudl surely have to go back to WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Choi was originally a ssirum wrestler in korea. It's kind of a mixture between sumo and greco roman wrestling. He absolutely massive in stature. Lesnar will probably put him on his back though.

choi-hong.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think Brock has done pretty much all the rights steps to ensure that bombing in MMA is unlikely.

Also, its pretty likely TNA would snap him up on a very nice deal too if they had the chance. So WWE wouldn't be his only option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I want to see brock do well in MMA and hopefully then see him as a contender for the UFC heavyweight title in the near future

woooo232 wrote:
    I mean if this guy beat Terkay and Terkay was one of the MMA fighters who found it hard to get fights because other fighters didn't want to go up against him then he must be good

Just worth keeping in mind that his fight with Terkay was under K-1 rules, which doesn't allow grappling. Terkay was an amateur wrestler with an impressive record, so he was at a bit of a disadvantage against Choi, who I think has trained in kickboxing. Brock will be fighting him under MMA rules, so he can focus on his strengths, Terkay couldn't do that. Terkay only lost on decision though if I remember it right, he was still standing after the 15 minutes

Brock vs Couture would be some fight I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

speaking of Choi I saw this and thought it was hilarious
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-qnvBBTPM&mode=related&search= :D

• Advertisement

Yer man that he bet is a tv presenter in Japan I think. I don't know what he was doing fightin

Hong Man Choi's debut single - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M1qvyjRVwA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

woooo232 wrote:
    Will be interesting to see what happens when he gets his first strong kick or punch to the head!

Lesnar spent a good while training with Militech and those guys are not noted for holding back in sparring….. For anyone.

I'd say he has already taken one or two stiff shots to the head. Obviously nowhere near the impact of a fight, but still far more than most people will ever feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Dragan wrote:
    Lesnar spent a good while training with Militech and those guys are not noted for holding back in sparring….. For anyone.

I'd say he has already taken one or two stiff shots to the head. Obviously nowhere near the impact of a fight, but still far more than most people will ever feel.

thats why brock lesnar has the potential to go far in MMA.
    Its not a case of quitting with wrestling and failing to make it as pro american football player and then turning around and suddenly deciding that he wants to do MMA.
    He has gone through all the right steps and trained with the right his people since he mentioned that he wasn't going to re-sign with WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

it really annoys me when people assume that wrestlers arent as tough as mma guys because they dont "really" get hit,of course they get hit by accident sometimes,plus mma guys dont work 320+ nights of the year,planned or not wrestling is a tough sport to perform in,i wish lesnar did come back to the wwe,because they both need each other right now but his and vinces egos will never see eye to eye,although imagine what a real angle/lesnar mma fight would be like

Woah, I just read how big the stadium is for this event. It holds 100,000 people. Can't see them selling it out, but I'm sure Lesnar will be a big marketing tool for them. Goldberg will be commentating on it too, he's actually much better on the mic as an mma commentator than he ever was as a wrestler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They won't sell anymore than 10,000 tickets and will probably give away another 4,000 as freebie filler seats.

Advertisement