Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try to sell secondhand water system?

Options
  • 23-03-2007 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if it is worth while trying to sell a secondhand water filtration system and submersible pump. Whole thing is in perfect nick but is 4 years old. I am getting mains water so no longer need the system and it takes up room. But do I try to sell it or what? It cost probably €3000 or €4000 for the lot and has been serviced regularly. Not looking for takers! Just opinions.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

I dont know where your from, but its probably fairly rural?

Put the word out that you have one for sale....talking to the locals or a simple ad on a notice board in the local shop.

You should get a grand for it....or at least 500 would be better than letting go to waste.

Good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Can you tell me what it filters, lime, Iron etc. I was keeping an eye out for a pump as mine is ageing. I was considering going for a complete new system and claiming a grant back. Let me know what price you have in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

Hi stapeler- it filters everything. Theres a salt tank for filtering and its a resin treatment. It back washes every night to remove the dirt from the resin and regenerate.The pump is 65 foot deep -its the most power ful pump you can get. Theres a buffer tank too. I don't have it on me ( at work ) but I can post again with the brand if you want. I'm still waiting for the water connection ( they told me 8 weeks ago I'd have it 3 weeks from then :rolleyes: ) so I'm not selling just yet- but I should have the connection soon at which point the whole system is going. Like to make me an offer?

Advertisement