Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to purchase xBox360

• 23-03-2007 5:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy. Im living in dublin and im looking to get a 360 this weekend, either trade in my ps2 or buy it. Wheres the best place to go for a good deal at the mo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Soft

I just got mine last nite in Game dundrum. €409 premium pack with a choice of 2 games from a selection of 8. Games are Gears of War, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, Top Spin 2, Table Tennis, Prey, Tomb Raider and cant remember the other one.

They do a decent deal on trading in a console aswell, not sure what the price is tho

Someone said that xtra vision are doing a good deal aswell, €415 for premium with extra controller and 5 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

gamestop were doing a deal on if you sell them a console (not xbox1) and 4 games you get a premium xbox360 for 199euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 donal77

as far as i know the gamestop deal is over, but the xtravision deal looks excellent

i have also decided to get a 360 this week but all the good deals seem to be gone. xtravision said its €420 just for the bundle with wireless controller but 2 games instead of 5 and game said €440 for the deal above. Anybody know of any good deals?

donal77 wrote:
    i have also decided to get a 360 this week but all the good deals seem to be gone. xtravision said its €420 just for the bundle with wireless controller but 2 games instead of 5 and game said €440 for the deal above. Anybody know of any good deals?
    That can't be right unless they ran out of the bundle i got, The deal i got in Xtravision was a Premium Console, extra controller & 4 games : 99 Nights, PGR3, Perfect Dark & Arcade Unplugged for €410 but for an extra €9 i was told i could go for the Premium Console with a game included, I had the choice of the new FIFA or Call of Duty 3 pack. Ended up getting console, extra controller & 5 games for €419.

• Advertisement

hellboy99 wrote:
    That can't be right unless they ran out of the bundle i got, The deal i got in Xtravision was a Premium Console, extra controller & 4 games : 99 Nights, PGR3, Perfect Dark & Arcade Unplugged for €410 but for an extra €9 i was told i could go for the Premium Console with a game included, I had the choice of the new FIFA or Call of Duty 3 pack. Ended up getting console, extra controller & 5 games for €419.
    What xtravision was this in and do you know the name of the bundle?

donal77 wrote:
    What xtravision was this in and do you know the name of the bundle?
    I got it in Monaghan (was only two left of the bundle i got), took a bit of ringing round to find the best deal as my local were looking €410 for it with 2 games. The bundle is called the Entertainment pack.

XXB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

donal77 wrote:
    I can confirm extra vision deal is over. Went in this evening only deal was 360 and either gears of war or call of duty 420 euros.

Going to try Smyths and Game tomorrow.

Anyone got any other news on deals in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Hmmm, with the 360 Elite coming out soon will the current 360 drop in price?

I really want to pick up a 360 after having played one all weekend. And hoping to get one as cheap as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Anybody know if there are any second hand consoles to be bought?
    Someone told me that Gamestop have some second hand ones?
    Can anybody verify this.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xtragame in the square had the premium with 4/5 games for €399 last weekend!!

paddyk wrote:
    I can confirm extra vision deal is over. Went in this evening only deal was 360 and either gears of war or call of duty 420 euros.

Going to try Smyths and Game tomorrow.

Anyone got any other news on deals in Dublin.

theres still a few xtravisions that still do it, you'll just have to ring around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

jonny24ie wrote:
    Xtragame in the square had the premium with 4/5 games for €399 last weekend!!

Was in extra game today sold out of 360's. They hope to get them back in at weekend but were unsure of any deals. The one you mentioned is still being advertised so if they renew this deal with new stock its pretty good, also deal has extra wireless controller.

Advertisement