Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Madness

Options
  • 23-03-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

My NCT is up at end of month so I went online to book a test and there is nothing available until MAY :eek:
    I checked another place about an hour away and they can give me a test at end of April.

What's wrong with the NCT system.....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Also....how am I fixed if Garda sees my NCT is out of date. Is it OK to say it's booked but long waiting list?

Skyuser wrote:
    Also....how am I fixed if Garda sees my NCT is out of date. Is it OK to say it's booked but long waiting list?

They seem to have very little intrest in checking for NCT.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Skyuser wrote:
    My NCT is up at end of month so I went online to book a test and there is nothing available until MAY :eek:
    I checked another place about an hour away and they can give me a test at end of April.

What's wrong with the NCT system.....?

If you can get it on paper from the NCT that you have booked an appointment for May you should be ok. Its their problem that theres a huge backlog not yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Skyuser wrote:
    You didn't seriously think you'd get an appointment with just over a week's notice did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 superape

tried and tested (many times):

Call them up. The online system is flawed and wont give you any decent date in the near future. A quick phone call should get you a test in the next two weeks. Just be nice to the person on the other end of the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Another option is getting it tested out of the county, it used to work with the driving test back log, only problem is that you have to travel back again for a repeat if it fails.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

As ronoc says they have zero interest in the NCT in my experience. I've kept mine in the glovebox for over a year and not a question, not once. Indeed I know someone who has never had one on his car.:eek: Again no interest from the Gardai.

So I wouldn't worry about the delay, just print out a copy of the online receipt and you should be fine if you get asked for it. And it seems to be a big if.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement