Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Haves

Options
  • 23-03-2007 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

must you have a monitored alarm and a gun safe for any gun in the future,i'm asking specifically for an air rifle?
    thanks
    Bryan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

BryanL wrote:
    must you have a monitored alarm and a gun safe for any gun in the future,i'm asking specifically for an air rifle?
    thanks
    Bryan

You must meet whatever requirements your Superintendent stipulates and that may vary from district to district.

It's best to ask someone in your local Garda station first and go with their advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

they've never mentioned anything to me yet when i've been renewing my licence si i might just not mention it,in case it gets them thinking!
    thanks for the reply,Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

They're not must haves for an air rifle at this time just a pistol.

However it is a good idea to keep it in a secure place either hidden with bolt removed or something to that effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭flight93

They're not must haves for an air rifle at this time just a pistol.

That depends on what super you have. Some want CCTV, alarm, window locks etc. etc. other look for nothing. Having said that I would not have a fiream in my house without having a good safe and alarm system installed.

Advertisement