Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz Dancing

Options
  • 23-03-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Can anyone recommend a good jazz dancing class in Dublin?

Everywhere I look it's salsa salsa salsa:)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Dance Theatre Ireland are supposed to have a very good reputation. Also, you should call into Dance Ireland/APDI's Dance House- the gorgeous new state of the art studios on Foley Street. I'm sure they'd definitely be able to help you out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

Sadly the Dancehouse isn't really open to any dance form barr contemporary, except on the rare occassion. Why is it that all the funding in this country is for contemporary :mad:

Anyway I too am looking for a good jazz class. I've bee accepted into a professional school in the UK to study ballet & jazz. My ballet is alright but my jazz could do with some work so that I'm not miles behind everyone else when I start!

I've tried DTI without much success....anyone know a good high standard jazz class in Dublin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Drmdmr

Hi there,

Lisa Tyrrell has a jazz class in Dance House as well as a regular ballet class. Check out www.danceireland.ie and follow the link for the most recent e-bulletin where you'll find details of all the classes.

• Advertisement

Cool thanks :)

ETA: I just checked it out. No jazz classes at all in the timetable. Boo! The only ballet they had were two short residencies :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭madbabe(",)

sorry this nothin to do with jazz classes but what school have you been accepted to?

I got into Elmhurtst, Ballet West and Northern School of Ballet. I think I'll be going to Northern :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Check this link and you will Lisa has both Jazz and ballet classes on Mondays and Tuesdays http://www.prodanceireland.com/dancehouse_classes.htm.

Lisa also runs classes at the Dance Academy on Ormond Quay and at the YMCA Gym, Aungier Street.

Advertisement