Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

try dabs.

stay away from that case and psu.try the antec sonta bundel.

or get a seprate case and a tanga,seasonic,hiper,ocz,enermax psu.

everthing else looks fine.maby a better mother board tho .

look for a cheap 650i nivida chip set mother board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Thanks will keep that in mind at this stage he's pretty happy trying to find where you would cut down and where to improve

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

awhir wrote:
    try dabs.

stay away from that case and psu.try the antec sonta bundel.

or get a seprate case and a tanga,seasonic,hiper,ocz,enermax psu.

everthing else looks fine.maby a better mother board tho .

look for a cheap 650i nivida chip set mother board.

What he said. I can't emphasize enough the importance of getting a good PSU. Also acrylic cases look good on paper, but they aren't. They scratch easily, gather dust like a vacuum cleaner, are noisy and you will never get the inside looking tidy as there is nowhere to hide wires.

If he wants a good gaming rig then pull money out of everywhere else and put it into getting the best possible graphics card. An 8800GTS with 640MB of RAM would be better. Note you should also be looking at at least a GOOD 500w PSU (with decent amps on teh rails)

Sure getting worse RAM and a CPU will bottleneck your games, but not as bad as getting a bad graphics card.

Also, don't skimp on the HDD, at least get a SATA2 with 16MB cache, it might also be an idea to get a large HDD. Modern game installs are on average 7-10GB, add to that music, movies, pictures and you'll fill up that 250GB drive fast. I've got nearly a terabyte of storage space spread across a few drives and i'm already starting to run out of space again (damn you 4GB ISO's ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

L31mr0d wrote:
    Also, don't skimp on the HDD, at least get a SATA2 with 16MB cache, it might also be an idea to get a large HDD. Modern game installs are on average 7-10GB, add to that music, movies, pictures and you'll fill up that 250GB drive fast. I've got nearly a terabyte of storage space spread across a few drives and i'm already starting to run out of space again (damn you 4GB ISO's ;))

What he said about hard drives lol...

Seagate Barracudas with a 16mb cache are like €10 extra on komplett they will load you into games quicker and there just faster!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement