Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A6 Query

Options
  • 23-03-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Righto,
    I'm driving a 2002 Audi A6 diesel (1.9) and I've a few problems, which I was wondering if anyone had any advice on.

1. Engine noise ticking over driving in 2nd or 3rd gear. Seems very loud and hollow. Very diesely (which it is), but worse.

2. Car sometimes accellerates itself. Say maybe travelling in 4th gear around 40mph or uphill in 2nd behind traffic, the car sometimes accellerates without the throttle being pressed.

3. Revving when started. The odd time when the car is started, it revs a few times really quickly as if I was pumping the accellerator at a rate of 3 a second approximately. Usually happens if I had to wait a longer time than normal for the glow plug light (the coil one) to go out, which in turn only happens if I'm starting the car again within 15 minutes or so or stopping it.

Maybe 2 and 3 are connected, not sure.
    The car has 103,000 miles on it and got a full service and timing belt 10,000 miles ago and a fan belt 500 miles ago, so I would hope it's none of them.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Mass Air Flow sensor???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Dilbert75 wrote:
    Mass Air Flow sensor???
    was going to say the same

as for the "diesely" sound you are hearing...not sure if the A4 has one, but on the Alfa when it sounds like a diesel, the variator is on the way out. I get it replaced when the timing belt is being done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Padwick

Thank you, I'll get them checked out.

Advertisement