Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screenclick.com

Options
  • 23-03-2007 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Signed up for the 1 month free trial and it worked quite well, but decided that I did not want to pay for the subscription.

Emailed them well in advance asking them to cancel account. Returned DVDs in time but 19.99 came off my credit card and account now cancelled.

Emails get no response and phone calls to the number on their website ALWAYS go to a "Our operators are very busy message....."

Be careful of them.

Pass the word around. It seems like the only way I'll get satisfaction from the shower!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Hey, I had the same thing happen to me. I did the months free trial which ended on Sunday. I sent back all the dvds but unfortunately forgot to cancel my account until Monday. Also cleared any dvds from my account, so they wouldn't send me anymore.

Got a confirmation email to say that the account was now closed, but yesterday realised that they'd taken €19.99. I emailed them straight away explaining that I didn't want to take out a subscription & asked them to refund me the money.

Got an email back within a few hours later saying that they took the money because they hadn't received the last dvd back, but had now. They said that they'd refund me no problem, so here's hoping! Keep trying KCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've been a member with them for nearly a year and have had very few probs. A few months back, I didn't receive any DVDs for about 2 weeks because some had gotten lost in the post. When I rang to sort it out, I asked for a half-months refund, which they did immediately. Very pleased with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Happened to us at Christmas, think it happened to quite a few people.

We canned the proof of postage showing we'd posted the last DVD back on December 27th, and they refunded the card a week later.

They can be a bit hard to get through to, but once you can prove you returned the DVD on time they'll probably refund you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

It's not even the 19.99 that I'm pissed off with it! I think it's always a very bad sign of a company when they refuse to reply to emails and dont answer the phone.

Movistar.ie is a much better option for DVDs. Only a matter of time before screenclick go bust.

Logged on to my bank account this morning & the €19.99 was refunded to my account, so happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Oral Slang wrote:
    Logged on to my bank account this morning & the €19.99 was refunded to my account, so happy days!

That's not bad considering you didn't actually cancel until after your trial was up! Nice one

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

kcb wrote:
    Signed up for the 1 month free trial and it worked quite well, but decided that I did not want to pay for the subscription.

Emailed them well in advance asking them to cancel account. Returned DVDs in time but 19.99 came off my credit card and account now cancelled.

Hmm sounds like my experience with them two years back, the finally canceled it but still continue to sent me e-mails

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Never really had a bother with them. Like MOH, I didn't get a couple of DVD's that were sent around Christmas and when I emailed, they got back to me immediately, apologising and without me asking, offered half a months refund. I quite like them :)

MOH wrote:
    That's not bad considering you didn't actually cancel until after your trial was up! Nice one

Yeah, was afraid they wouldn't refund it, but was well impressed when they did. Really quick response to both emails I sent too, so have nothing but praise for them.. Looks like Kcb was just unfortunate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I've had the same happen me and they've always been very understanding and i got my money back. Good service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Still no refund anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

If you registered your credit card with the service when signing up and you wasn't asked to enter your credit card's CVC number on registration then you can dispute the transaction with your credit card company. They will automatically refund it without question.

Advertisement