Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics tablet recomendations

Options
  • 23-03-2007 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

hey there. i was hoping somone could help me out here. I recently got oC to colour in my work (horrible mind you but anyway). I use an ACER laptop. a BIG laptop. with a small touch mouse. a friend recomended a graphics tablet. I have never heard of these but after doing a lot of research I have a very clear understanding now. next step is buying one. Wacom look like the best buy but now theres two I have my mind set on.

Wacom Volito2 Tablet & Pen USB
    or
    Wacom PenPartner2 Tablet+Pen USB
    (look 'em up)
    (yes I am cheap :P)

I have a big ass laptop so I wont be carrying around at all. It'll probably be left at my desk anyway. But now the Volito2 is more of a starter tablet but has a bigger touch pad. The pen partner has a smaller pad but has comes with a better preasure sensativity pen.

can I have any recomendations as to which to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

i have one with 2 years, bought it off of another boards member, its a graphire2, there definatly worth the money, cant say anything bad about them!

my one has 512 levels of pressure and is a small a5 size, tbh i dont think anyone would need anything bigger unless your the arty type that takes big long brush(pen) strokes

dont get any other brand as there mostly shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've had a graphire3 for a few years, no complaints at all. I couldn't live without it really! It was a refurb model, they're a bit cheaper (Wacom sell off old display models at a discount, mine was in perfect condition)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 iconboy

I would pop for the largest wacom tablet you can afford as the smaller ones become frustrating to use after a while. I have an over A4 tablet and its the best for drawing and layout - beats a mouse hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I too have a very large acer laptop with a small track pad (acer 9423wsmi?) . Anyway I'm cheap , pure and simple so I opted for a cheap tablet from aldi. From my experience , while the extra performance from a wacom will justify it extra cost , I think that that extra performance is a slight overkill. To me the only real advantage to getting a wacom that it can detect pen angle and the biggest one of all is that the pen itself doesnt need batteries. As for size , I had a small one then bought a big one but the thing is the bigger you get the more you have to move your hand , it takes my whole arm to draw some lines on the big one (I usually have to keep my mouse nearby and grab it even to switch tools in photoshop). Not to mention how it takes up the whole desk . So don't be worried about going for a smaller one , they can be more practical in many cases and would also that if you have the funds available then go for a wacom to save alot of headaches.

Advertisement