Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry experiments manual

Options
  • 23-03-2007 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I'm doing leaving cert chemistry this year but I haven't done any of the experiments because I'm doing it myself through distance learning. How could I get hold of the information I need to fill in my lab book? I've learned off the experiments for the written exam but I need a lab book in case I'm asked to produce one by an external examiner.
    Any help would be great thanks.
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Do they actually ask you to produce lab-books?

I've never heard of this.

I thought the only reason one needed to have one was in case an inspector came to the school, they would want to see them.

I'd print them out off the internet if I were you and just stick them in a scrap book just to cover yourself, and say you typed them.

We usually just write the experiment from the book into the lab-book and stick in the results, calculations, graphs and diagrams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

We just copied them out, for physics, in our school as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

We actually write up most of our experiments before we do them and we simply copy it from our text books but with some rewording and skipping alot of the bull wrote into them.
    If you know the experiments then you shouldnt have a problem writing them up . We were told we had to write them up for if an inspector came so I don't know how this would apply in your case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

They never check this. Don't worry about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Most people just copy them from the book. The lab book's a really good tool for revision though, so don't feel like you're wasting time doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Folens produced a lab book at the beginning of the year. Its a red book, and has all the mandatory expirements in it. The only thing it lacks is the results, but for those you can nearly make them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 corktony

Thanks everyone for your help, feel alot better about it now. Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

corktony wrote:
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone can help me. I'm doing leaving cert chemistry this year but I haven't done any of the experiments because I'm doing it myself through distance learning. How could I get hold of the information I need to fill in my lab book? I've learned off the experiments for the written exam but I need a lab book in case I'm asked to produce one by an external examiner.
    Any help would be great thanks.
    Tony

I cant remember the date but seeing as you are from Cork. I UCC they will be covering 12-16 experiments on a day soon ring them and find out if you can go!

That might help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Jayeire wrote:
    And Physics experiments available here. We were given copies of these handouts and told to transfer them to our experiment notebooks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Thanks for the Physics link;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

NADA wrote:
    They never check this. Don't worry about it!

And you know this how???

Advertisement