Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slopey tummy

Options
  • 24-03-2007 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭

I went in the other day to get the bottom of my belly button pierced,was all happy and excited.and then the girl in there said i couldn't because i had a "slopey tummy" and it would grow out,has anyone else heard of this?i think its a load of crap tbh my bfs is the exact same as mine,slopes the same way and he had it no problem and it didn't grow out,should i just go somewhere else?opinions please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Go somewhere else.
    Get a second opinion.
    Who told you that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I am im going to a different place today so il let you know how it goes,some woman in celestial ring beside the luas

No comment... :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

hmm seems a bit odd to say, the woman behind the desk (im presuming she wasnt the piercer) should have let the piercer have a look at it first.
    Seems a bit strange though, a slopey tummy?? :confused::confused:
    what did the other place say?

Not all navels are piercable, tho.

My advice?
    Mark in Celestial in the green.
    Dead on guy.
    He'll sort ya out.

• Advertisement

lol that place is cpa though,they done the top of mine and totally totally messed it up,i got it done in miss fantasias and it looks perfect,exactly what i wanted,il post a pic in the piercing thread:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Imo it does actually depend on the shape of the tummy wether a belly button top or bottom will hold properly, You need to have enough of a lip on the button to provide enough of a ridge for the jewelery to get supported.

Would need to see to make a judgement though

i have a weird stomach,it seems grand though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

The worst ones usually are big fat skangers who come back to you two months later with a skanky spetic belly claiming they took care of it, happens so often that i still get night mares about them sometime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 punctured

I'm sure if the situation was better explained to you it would have made you feel a lot better so without seeing it here's the advise I can offer.
    Firstly, if its a piercing below your navel you're looking for then you would be getting what I''d call an anti navel, this is a surface piercing and as such is more liable to reject than other piercings. As a piercing rejects and after it has rejected it can be very problematic. It could have been the piercier thought your body would ne more prone to rejecting a piercing in theat area and therefore it would be better not to do it for you. If you do end up getting a surface piercing be very careful who does it for you and what type of jewellery they use.
    I have met so many lovely people who took the time and effort to get a surface piercing done .No matter how much they took care of them they were plagued with problems...the wrong jewellery was being used. This can have a massive effect on the healing of the piercing. The sad thing is, the piercers who done these piercings should have known better but they were motivated by money and not pride in their work. Surface piercings aren't cheap, they do reject at times and need a lot of care. if I can help any more let me know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

punctured: you a pirecer yourself?
    you seem pretty 'in the know' for someone who just joined :)
    welcome by the way

I was thinkin the same thing myself.
    Who did your navel up in the green, dear?
    I had the same thing happen to me a few years back.

no i got it in the one near jervis,worst piercing lady ever,she took ages to get it through and its crooked and looks crap,thinking of taking it out and getting it re done,looks crap compared to the new one.:(

Was that recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 punctured

Hey Wilburt, Im a piercer alright. was having a look through the questions people had and thought an informed opinion might help. I love what I do but there are so many cowboys out there so if there's anyway I can make things better for people ,well, why not?! nice to meet you by the way:)

Was that recently?
    no it was the end of last summer around that time or just after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

how long did it take you to realise that it was crooked?!
    any piercing i have ever gotten ive checked out and made sure i was happy with before handing over the cash.. now im working in a studio... im kinda a pin cussion for the apprentice. granted i aint gotten much done by her, im happy with what i have got.

Jammy.
    I'm actually gonna get up off my arse pretty soon and hunt me down some sort of an apprentice at some point.

I'm gonna be piercing my mates ear for her. Nothing much but I have to start somewhere.

I'm also stretching my other mates lobe for him from the beginning too. Again, it's a start.

How's the hunt for the navel piercing going, Saranne?

my friends doing an apprenticeship at the mo so i can get free piercings from now on lol,you can get piercing equipment off e bay for real cheap if you were looking for practice,oh i eventually got the tummy piercing,il put up a pic soon i just keep forgetting:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

my friends doing an apprenticeship at the mo so i can get free piercings from now on lol,you can get piercing equipment off e bay for real cheap if you were looking for practice,oh i eventually got the tummy piercing,il put up a pic soon i just keep forgetting:rolleyes:

you may get the equiptment.. but how you gunna sterilise it..
    how do you know the equiptment is medical grade,
    and to be honest.. it dont have any sort of guarentee if its 1. cheap and 2. from ebay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement