Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Bill seems very high

Options
  • 24-03-2007 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭

In November I switched the house phone over the BT from Eircom so I could get the €35 a month, broadband and line rental package.

I thought by doing so my bills would fall a good bit as I could predict the 2 monthly bill as being about €90 with calls included (€35+€35=€70 .... €70+€20 [for calls approx]=€90).

However the first bill we got was €148 which I thought was steep but due to buying a broadband router from them etc. They assured me that my subsequent bills would of course be cheaper.

My January bill (which I have only gotten to see now due to a fault in the bill system...though they made sure to debit the credit card on time but not give me the bill on time...) seems very steep though and I really cannot make out why and will be giving them a call as soon as I can.

The bill has come to a total of €120.94:

Here is the run down of it:
    Invoice Date 24/01/07
    Calls From 24/11/06 to 24/01/07

Amount Owing 148.10

Payment Received -148.10

Overdue Amount 0.00

Line Rental 39.96

Telephone 4.22

Ireland Mobile 5.01

All Ireland 4.27

Other Call Types 0.18

Broadband Option 1 Two Monthly Rental Fee 37.19

Broadband Option 1 Self Install Charge 33.06

Other charges and credits -19.81

Total Discounts Received -4.13

Total Charges (ex. VAT) 99.95

VAT @ 21.0% 20.99

Total Charges this period (incl. VAT) 120.94

The actual call charges are very little but yet it seems like a very expensive bill. The bits in bold are things I cannot undersatbd at all - I thought that when I signed up the line rental would be €35 a month, thus €70 every two months but yet it seems a lot higher here.
    I don't have a clue what the broadband self-install charge is as I installed it myself back in November so why am I still being charged??

I will be ringing BT myself about this but does anyone here have any possible answers for me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Yeah we're just after signing up aswell and got hit with them charges and would not waver them no matter how much we argued and such. But they really can be dodgy and have a bad rep for this kinda stuff . The way it worked with us was that they took over our line but didnt actually put us onto our call package (we went phone and bb , 45 e/mo) til 8 days later however the system worked . So we got charged for some calls and it became very clear that they were prepared to lose use as a customer so early on as they werent prepared to let 4 50 worth of call charges go. Needless to say we will be keeping a close eye on how they act from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I would be very interested in the outcome of this as I have a similar situation with the same company, they cant seem to bundle anything and seem to make a mess of everything they offer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I connected my broadband with BT 4 months ago and haven't received a bill yet, after reading some stories here about them backdating the bill when they realise in another 6 months I rang them and was told I'd get the full bill next month which is grand, they didn't seem at all surprised though...

Strangely the exact same thing happened me 2 years ago with Irish BB as I had given DD details when I connected and they do e-billing. It was only when I changed bank 6 months later I rang them with new DD details and they realised they had never charged me (I hadn't known). They said that they would be charging 7 month's rental the next month. I wasn't in contract so I told them to charge the 6 months and cancel my service (a bluff) and they waived 5 months of rental!! So its always worth a shot...

Advertisement