Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it possible to use American Live memberships here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

No because even if you set up a US account here, which you can do. The console and Live servers know where the console is as it connects from EU servers and not US ones as it would if it was in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I bought a Xbox Live subscription card from America and it worked ok.It was an original Xbox subscription but i dont think that makes a difference.I didnt need to set up an American account.Try searching the boards because there has often been topics about this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Nephew wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/Xbox-Live-360-GOLD-12-month-1-Month-Free-subscription_W0QQitemZ300094675907QQcategoryZ122517QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Only e21 for 13 months Live membership, but he says its only valid in North America. I take it there is no way of using this card in Ireland?

Xbox live subscription codes usually work regardless of region. I'd be suprised if it doesn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

im not sure i think the us 12 month ones work ok but the 13 (12+1) ones dont ....thats wat i heard neway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

ciano1 wrote:
    im not sure i think the us 12 month ones work ok but the 13 (12+1) ones dont ....thats wat i heard neway

Spot on, I tried a 12+1 account and it didn't work!! Just go for a basic 12 month, you should be fine!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Bought an American standard 12 month subscription on eBay and it worked fine.

IIRC, it's the American *points* which don't work here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I bought a subscription on ebay. Worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Thanks guys. On ebay, the 12 month sub is about e20 more expensive than the 12 + 1 sub, but I'll still make a saving than buying here.

Advertisement