Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i have all my hardware back.

Options
  • 24-03-2007 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Hi all long time no see ;) Talk about being sick .all the time i spent modding my different PC's and i got no real glory from it apart from the lads heres .And whats modding all about but getting your system SH1T Hot and flashing it around the usaual websites like bit-tech and overclockers and so on .The biggest Honour i had with this system was that it was shown on the Casemakers" www.mountainmods.com " website's homepage for a couple of months to show off what was possible with their case .My main system and the one the cost me the most in euros time and a wife "not joking" .had to get pulled apart and sold of for a fraction of its cost .all thats left is the case itself and the watercooling set up .
    Then i go to my emails today and the one glory i always wanted to have , when i was modding comes in my door .CUSTOMPC MAG send me an email telling me that at long last the are coming to ireland and what to award me the readers drive for the system thats up on their website since last year and they what to do a photoshoot and the normal backround interview with me when they come here and that the is a second irish person that they will be doing aswell .Talk about sick for anyone whos into the modding they way i was .you will know that pervious winners of this award have been :
    Paul Edwards "coolmiester " famous for his wavemaster cases and who owns the coolercases website
    MARCI : overclocker and mod on bit-tech
    NEXXO: same overclockering nutcase
    Anyhow at least one other person from ireland will be featured in the mag who that is im not to sure but i think it could be unklerosco MAYBE ?Best of luck to who ever it is .

Hi Danny,

I spotted your PC on the Readers Drives’ section of the website some time ago, but I’ve not been able to contact you about it, since we aren’t able to do photo shoots in Ireland. However, there are two potential winners based in Dublin, which means I may be able to swing having you both photographed in one trip.

If you still have the PC you submitted to the website (and you’d like to be featured in the magazine) then let me know and we’ll take it from there.

Regards,
    Gareth.

For those off you to young to remember here is a look @ it
    itportalpic52394.jpg

itportalpic52395.jpg

AAHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN OFF IT :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

congrats man.

amm maby some 1 in dublin will lend u there rig or maby some 1 like gline might have a spare rig lyin around :D

very nice mod there also love the tvs:D

would say its hoppfull who is also picked out did you see his amazing mod ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Holy flippin crap that is absolutely awesome What a beauty man how could you sell something like that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'm the other person... Been bloody ages since i sent my details in. Dan, I think we should blend our mods n make a super mod!!!

dsc01134largedl7.jpg

dsc011470011dv.jpg

dsc011620018ft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

You maybe right i reckon i might be able to fit that desk inside my system :D

lol so both of u have empty mods ?

• Advertisement

Nope... I think there's nappies n that in mine. Gonna try n watercool them n see what sort of overclock I can get.

Seriously, who keeps a PC for 2 years?? I'm lucky if I have one for 2 months... So far this year i'm about to go onto my 6th, maybe 7th... Rebuilding this will add to it. I can install XP with my eyes closed, in my sleep, underwater while eating a jaffa cake!!!

do u have the auto install thing?

Nope... Just a magic memory... and an ability to eat underwater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Hey unklerosco, do you sell these on or just build them to pass the time and then dismantle them. Quite amazing really

sell.... no space too keep em. Not as bad as I used to be, always seem to have enough gear around to build a pc tho.. Using macs more now so don't mod as much

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Well that table thing was/is absolutly amazing. It just looked so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah, i like the way you just threw a towel over the cables, nice touch especially the way it matchs the lighting :p

It was more the rubbish than the cables...

Seemingly they're sorting out the photographer n dates... Myself n Dan will be featured in seperate issues. No idea as to when yet...

Time to rebuild the DeskTop n maybe add a few more little mods..I've a psone screen that needs to be put to use

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Congrads to both of ye - just shows that modding does pay:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

slightly off topic, but OP how much did it cost to get that case shipped over from the USA?

http://store.over-clock.com/MountainMods.html

Thats where he got it, It was £21 to ship it...

ah nice one, i want to get the bob slay in a few months and watercool everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The bobslay looks a bit small imo.

And why are over-clock almost twice as expnsive as www.mountainmods.com . I know shipping would be fairly expensive. but common.

it is a bit small, but it can take an 8800 gts with around two extra inches on the end, so id say my gtx would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

lol congrats.... pity you aint got the rigs up and running anymore...
    it is true... who keeps a pc for 2 years?? ive been through over 20+ pcs in 2 years, literally, all shapes and sizes, hehe

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    lol congrats.... pity you aint got the rigs up and running anymore...
    it is true... who keeps a pc for 2 years?? ive been through over 20+ pcs in 2 years, literally, all shapes and sizes, hehe

rich BOY :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

awhir wrote:
    rich BOY :(

not a chance, i just end up selling them on when i need the cash, though im out of modding/overclocking now, my rigs should last me a good while :) too many other things to take my money :( cars + motorbikes :p

Advertisement